New Launcher : ADW

SupAll

Reaction score
I can't save Profiles from Audio Manager Pro to home screen with ADW. Does anyone else use AMP and have this problem? Is there a solution? Thanks!

Sent Using Tapatalk

It should now be working with the latest update

blue rocket

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.grafixpressions.com
Here you go guys... to make the AWD Launcher look just like Froyo, create 2 Bettercut shortcuts (yes, unfortunately you have to purchase Bettercut - yah, it's ugly).

Make one that points to Phone and choose this icon:
15XeV.hotseat_phone_normal.png

Drag that into your left hotspot.

Make one that points to Internet and choose this icon:
15Xg1m.hotseat_browser_normal.png

Drag that into your right hotspot.

now go into Settings and change the AB Scale Factor to "8"

Bam, Froyo baby! :eek:

I extracted these icons myself out of a Froyo build...so they are the real deal. Enjoy!

stevehy

Reaction score
One great benefit I have received from using the RC version of ADW is my contact info now displays immediately when I get a phone call. With all of the other home replacments I have tried, Home++, Helix 1, LauncherPro there was always a several second lag before my contact info would display when I got a call. The only other home that did not have the lag was the stock home. My theory was that the ADW RC did not have this issue because it replaced the stock home.

Has anyone who installed the official release from the market noticed if there is any lag displaying contact info on incoming calls?

I does not lag with displaying contact info (unlike Helix and Launcher Pro). Obviously using fewer CPU cycles and memory than the others. Only home replacement that works with other apps like stock launcher works with others. Great app.:)
This is for the market version

Last edited:

dmo580

Reaction score
Wow turning off LWP support speeds this thing up instantaneously.... I don't remember having to do that on Helix and LauncherPro to get decent speeds. I'm now satisfied.... somewhat except the Sense UI previews are borked (I'm using 7 screens) when LWP is disabled...

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here you go guys... to make the AWD Launcher look just like Froyo, create 2 Bettercut shortcuts (yes, unfortunately you have to purchase Bettercut - yah, it's ugly).

I extracted these icons myself out of a Froyo build...so they are the real deal. Enjoy!

Or you could buy FolderOrganizer which comes with an icon changer. And it's actually useful. Not to mention you can backup your settings :) Oh and it looks like it's a little cheaper too lol.

rjax

Reaction score

Or you could buy FolderOrganizer which comes with an icon changer. And it's actually useful. Not to mention you can backup your settings :) Oh and it looks like it's a little cheaper too lol.

Yeah, FolderOrganizer is nice for changing icons. I've never used BetterCut, but I get the impression BetterCut only works to change icons that are already on a home screen? FolderOrganizer works so you only have to change the icon once, within the FolderOrganizer, than anytime you add whatever you customized (by choosing to create a FolderOrganizer Item/Label Shortcut/Widget), your icon is already customized.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yeah, FolderOrganizer is nice for changing icons. I've never used BetterCut, but I get the impression BetterCut only works to change icons that are already on a home screen? FolderOrganizer works so you only have to change the icon once, within the FolderOrganizer, than anytime you add whatever you customized (by choosing to create a FolderOrganizer Item/Label Shortcut/Widget), your icon is already customized.
Basically, also it doesn't have any way to save the icons you've changed so if somehow your home launcher get's replaced or goes screwy you'll have to change them all over again. I wish FolderOrganizer would have existed before BetterCut :( that way I wouldn't have had to buy it lol

Spartan

Reaction score
Really liked ADW and the customization features. Worked great for the first day, then a couple of FC's. Day three, it force closes after using most any application even would force close after adjusting ADW settings. Was hoping yesterdays update would fix as I really like this one, even deleted Helix (which I never had problems with). Now trying Launcher Pro...fingers crossed, so far so good.

azazin

Reaction score
I used this launcher on my un rooted Motorola Milestone 2.1 and I really prefer LauncherPro, ADW is really laggy and slow.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Just curious, are you guys using the Market version of ADW?

The reason I ask is I have used all of them (Mod, Pro, Helix 1/2 etc.) and ADW is insanely fast, more stable and has more features.. The new version on the Market (as of yesterday) moves so fast if you literally blink you will miss it.

Oh, and ADW looks even better with Black Glass :)

9234d1275174217-mm-theme-928droid-black-ese81-pure-stock-rooted-droids-launcher2-theme.png

Last edited:

Spartan

Reaction score
Just curious, are you guys using the Market version of ADW?

The reason I ask is I have used all of them (Mod, Pro, Helix 1/2 etc.) and ADW is insanely fast, more stable and has more features.. The new version on the Market (as of yesterday) moves so fast if you literally blink you will miss it.

Yes, I was using the market version and updated as sent out. I really liked it, and it was stable at first, but got worse as the days past. Not sure why? I didn't uninstall and will try again.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used this launcher on my un rooted Motorola Milestone 2.1 and I really prefer LauncherPro, ADW is really laggy and slow.

Is that before or after changing the desktop scroll speed?

I'm running both ADW and Launcher Pro over Bugless Beast 1.1, was using 1.0 before. Only fc I had with either was my stock alarm with LauncherPro. Both are very similar in speed, smoothness....

Maybe its specific setups/ ROMs ppl have on their phone too. I havent ran stock in so long......I have no custom themes, only widget I use so far is Beautiful Widgets. And I never use Live Wallpapers.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

I'm running both ADW and Launcher Pro over Bugless Beast 1.1, was using 1.0 before. Only fc I had with either was my stock alarm with LauncherPro. Both are very similar in speed, smoothness....

Maybe its specific setups/ ROMs ppl have on their phone too. I havent ran stock in so long......I have no custom themes, only widget I use so far is Beautiful Widgets. And I never use Live Wallpapers.

Just for the record I Am running a stock Rooted ROM, Themed, 1ghz OC, 5 Screens,` 12 Widgets and Droid Live Wallpaper.

dmo580

Reaction score

Its very slow on Moto Milestone even with mine overclocked to 1ghz when you have LWP on.... (just the option... not even a LWP applied)

Even changing the scroll speed just makes it flick FASTER but its still choppy compared to LauncherPro.

Now many people don't realize but if you turn off LWP support, ADW is about AS FAST as LauncherPro. That's what I did, but I notice in Launcher Pro or Helix you don't have to turn off LWP to get decent performance. In fact I get decent performance using the Nexus One LWP on LauncherPro. I imagine its not very fast on ADW.

On another note... When you guys turn off LWP support (static wallpapers only), does Sense UI previews screw up? I lose my wallpaper and it's just black. Looks awfully messed up.

I'm on 7 screens + Motorola Milestone. Maybe it's a Milestone issue....

Last edited:

OSX2000

Reaction score
On another note... When you guys turn off LWP support (static wallpapers only), does Sense UI previews screw up? I lose my wallpaper and it's just black. Looks awfully messed up.

I'm on 7 screens + Motorola Milestone. Maybe it's a Milestone issue....
Does the same thing on my Droid. All black behind the previews.

I also noticed when LWP support is turned off in ADW, it draws the wallpapers like LauncherPro does...under the notification bar, rather than behind it, giving the illusion that my transparent bar is opaque.