New Kid on the Forum

extremevba

Reaction score
I wouldn't be here if I hadn't Googled "Droid Virus" as a result of a nasty surprise I got when my new (within 3 weeks) Motorola Droid got taken over and started sending emails by itself, as well as other things.:icon_evil:

Let's see if you folks are worth the registration effort...

Now when I boot it up, there's a whole bunch of apps that get started on bootup! how do I fix this? How and where do I run a virus scan and cleaning?

Any help would be appreciated...

p.s. I'm a VBA software developer, so I know my way around technology...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Then you should know there has never been a confirmed virus on Android....
Virus Scan is not needed
App Killer is not needed

Android works different that other OS's

OP
E

extremevba

Reaction score
Additional Information About My Situation

Thanks for the info, guys, but here's what's scaring me:

Before today, when I would bootup my Droid, I could start App Killer and check what was running, which would only be 1 to 2 apps (other than App Killer).

While I sat at my desk with my phone laying on the desk earlier tonite, I heard the "Droid" over the speaker, and all of a sudden a lot of stuff started going wild.

My Gmail app started, the "new message" window and the screen keyboard came up and it looked like a ghost typing a message, then the Send button started getting hammered rapidly. I could not go to Home, etc. - none of the buttons would work!

To regain control, I shut the phone down.

When I booted back up, I started App Killer to see what was running and EVERY INSTALLED APP ON THE DROID WAS RUNNING!!!!!!!

If this isn't a virus, etc.... then what is it?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Stock? Rooted?

We need some details.....

OP
E

extremevba

Reaction score
This isn't a joke!

I'm not kidding... this really happened!

What details do you need (the color of my Droid is black... for starters) Do you have any particular details in mind?