New Kid-Friendly Android Tab with 'Alvin & the Chipmunks' Theme: The Archos ChildPad

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
archos-chipmunks.jpg

Consumers may soon have the perfect option in a tablet product for their kids. Archos has just unveiled their "Alvin and the Chipmunks" themed, ChildPad Android tablet. This little kid-centric tablet will likely be a tremendous value for families who want their children to get in on the gadget love. You will be able to pick up the Android 4.0/Ice Cream Sandwich tablet for just $129.99, and it even has some decent specs along with the Exclusive Alvin & the Chipmunks 3 content. Here's a breakdown of the tablet:

• Ice Cream Sandwich
  • 7-Inch Display (800 x 480 pixel)
  • 1GHz processor
  • 1GB of RAM
  • 4GB of on-board storage
  • 6-Month Trial Period of an advanced parental controls software
Hit the source link below for more info, and to order one for your family!

Source: AndroidTablets.net via Archos-Childpad

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
my 8 year old nephew would love this! not sure that my 6 months old would appreciate it yet :p

BigZig

Reaction score
So you are telling me this Alvin & the Chipmunks kids tablet will have ICS before my BIONIC!?!?!? It is a sad day for Moto and VZW.

nikecar

Reaction score
might consider it for my daughter's Christmas present.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Looks like Vanilla android with a Chipmunks background. I'm not complaining! Plus it has Parental Controls! And only 129.99?? Win, Win...Win.

I think I just found my son's birthday present.

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So you are telling me this Alvin & the Chipmunks kids tablet will have ICS before my BIONIC!?!?!? It is a sad day for Moto and VZW.

"archos love the kids"

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

sstenhjem

Reaction score
LOL, 6 Months of a parental control App? I am using Sandbox by Famingp right now on my Android Device. Allows you to go into a safe Launcher that you can turn off notifications and disable links and the use of the bweb browser apps. You can only get out of the "kid friendly" launcher by enter a password or draw to unlock. Life Saver!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...1bGwsMSwxLDUwMSwiY29tLmZhbWlnby5zYW5kYm94Il0.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
might consider it for my daughter's Christmas present.

That is my exact thought. My daughter is 6 and is constantly asking to use my wife's Transformer Prime. Her birthday is past and we usually get her one gift that is a good one since our family is somewhat large and my kids get more than enough gifts from everyone else.

Tepes

Reaction score
My son's grandparents are buying one for him. He is only 16months, but already knows how to turn on and unlock our phones, my tablet, my wife's Nook and loves Talking Tom Cat. I figure it will grow nicely with him and maybe get some love from the Dev community in the future :) Plus it should be great for road trips. We can strap it to the back of the seat and play some Yo Gabba Gabba.

rherron

Reaction score
I ordered one from Amazon for our son. I will let you know what I think of it when it arrives. One thing is for sure -- it was a lot cheaper than my Galaxy Tab 10.1 (which doesn't have ICS, of course).