New keyboard functionality! 2.2 Froyo

k1ng617

Reaction score
Sorry, if this has been posted elsewhere, but I found something out about the stock Android keyboard that I would like to share with you all. In the portrait mode if you slide your finger up from the keyboard and two extra rows of number keys and punctuation pops up, allowing you to enter in a single character w/o having to switch to that page.

I am on a Froyo rom so not sure if 2.1 has this ability.

Hope this makes someones day!

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
This has been posted before, and no 2.1 did not have this feature.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

eliassami5

Reaction score
oh wow thats pretty sweet, ive had this phone for about 9 months and been on froyo for a good 2 months and never noticed this. Probly cuz i only use the Htc_ime keyboards lol. Always learning something new

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
read about this feature but forgot about it.

i just rooted like 3 days ago so i'm still getting over the fact of all the new things i can do.

Lois

Reaction score
In the portrait mode if you slide your finger up from the keyboard and two extra rows of number keys and punctuation pops up, allowing you to enter in a single character w/o having to switch to that page.

Hmm... just got my DroidX & updated to 2.2 and I can't get this to work. I tried both the multitouch & swype keyboards. What am I doing wrong - or does the DX not support?

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
In the portrait mode if you slide your finger up from the keyboard and two extra rows of number keys and punctuation pops up, allowing you to enter in a single character w/o having to switch to that page.

Hmm... just got my DroidX & updated to 2.2 and I can't get this to work. I tried both the multitouch & swype keyboards. What am I doing wrong - or does the DX not support?

That is because this is a stock 2.2 keyboard feature :)