New Keyboard Concept Tries To Change Our World

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ya I wish there was a trial. I need time to get used to it before I feel comfortable buying it.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Inkarnit

Reaction score
If they really wanted to be innovative and get a new keyboard out there and in use, they would offer it free initially. Very few people are going to want to pay, even a small amount, to try out something they are so skeptical about. I am hardcore anti-change for keyboards, but I admit that I'd try it out at least if it was free. You won't have a chance at converting me if I have to pay...

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's on the market now for ~$1.58.

I'd try it out if it was free.
You have 24 Hours to Test it Out -

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

Sparkimus

Reaction score

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

I'm well aware of that, but with the learning curve this has I'm sure I would need more than 24 hours to be sure if I wanted it or not. $1.58 isn't much I know, but I would much rather use it on something worthwhile.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I will give it a shot - what is it called in the Market ?

quadjacks

Reaction score
Which such a huge learning curve, I'm not gonna try and dislike it. 24 hours isn't long enough.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
All the arguments here basically boil down to two things:
1: pressing an individual key vice making a whole gesture movement per letter
2: time and hassle learning a new way to enter information (keyboard)

The first one is a bit of a draw, as there is still some time spent finding the correct letter (now on smaller screens), although many typists can type without really hunting and pecking, and know their keyboards very well. It still doesn't account for errors. On many mobile devices the keyboard is so cramped that even if you are correct, fingers are big enough errors often happen.

The second argument is the biggest reason why most don't want it: they are just too used to the qwerty layout and would rather not bother taking the extra time to learn a new layout.

Regardless of what people whine about here, this gesture method DOES elminate error correcting to a certain extent. There are errors in which someone can swipe 92 degrees instead of 90 and end up gesturing up the wrong letter, but with a +/- 45 degree "error" band, its fairly minimal.

However the first argument can be a large detraction from this method. One reason I never bothered learning to gesture letters (can be error prone, too) on Palm Pilots is that gesturing for EVERY SINGLE LETTER can be time consuming, tiring and can get really annoying, especially if you're trying to send a long message. I can see this producing short "txt" style messages like the early days of texting on a flip/candybar feature phone.

As someone has said, its still only a stopgap before voice recognition reaches a golden point of just being on the device naturally. Voice dialing on my phone is a snap, and doing Google maps searches is dang near error free. Once voice recognition comes into play, touching your phone at all becomes obsolete anyway.

Bilgediver

Reaction score

I'm well aware of that, but with the learning curve this has I'm sure I would need more than 24 hours to be sure if I wanted it or not. $1.58 isn't much I know, but I would much rather use it on something worthwhile.

If they were truly interested in the world catching on, they would offer it for free.

Feathersnpaws

Reaction score
Maybe be a good idea in theory but...

It took us all many years to learn QWERTY and it's ingrained in our brains. Now we're busy and I'd say most won't want to take the time to train our brains. Me included and I'm a lazy retiree. If it were free I'd give it a shot since I could always use another time waster. I'm not doing very well with Angry Birds. :)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
That was the quickest uninstall & refund I have ever performed - The grey on white was horrible and the text didn't show in the text feild (probably because it was white too)...bad idea in my opinion and the Google colors and the Nexus X should go, it is almost false advertising

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That was the quickest uninstall & refund I have ever performed - The grey on white was horrible and the text didn't show in the text feild (probably because it was white too)...bad idea in my opinion and the Google colors and the Nexus X should go, it is almost false advertising

Thank you for trying it so I didn't have to tp.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea, I just installed, tried it for a few minutes and refunded right away. I am sure I would be good at it if I used it for a few days or weeks, but still nothing will ever top the layout and functionality of the qwerty keyboard. Forget 8pen...