New Keyboard Concept Tries To Change Our World

Sweettooth

Reaction score
The way I see it, every awesome invention out there spawned from a lot of crappy ideas, knockoffs, alterations, whatever you want to call them. Personally, this is no exception. It still looks very annoying and tedious to type. They contradicted themselves when they used the argument that traditionally, mobile devices always required the users' direct attention; so does this. I'm no rocket scientist but I'd say there are two problems here: the average size of the human hand and the average size of a mobile device keyboard. You're options are simple: get smaller hands or make a bigger keyboard, otherwise I'm sure input will always be uncomfortable.

Once holographic interaction takes off you wont even need a physical or on screen keyboard; you'll have one that you can project in front of you, any size you want. ;)

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
This may have been great if phones never came with a keyboard...ever. But with texting, e-mail and web browsing so common place these days and people have gotten so used to a small keyboard, I don't see this catching on. I loved swype so much, so very much. But after installing Rubix 1.0 on my DX, I never changed the keyboard back to swype. Frankly, the error correction is great on the Android Keyboard and I have gotten quite fast using it. Sadly, I wouldn't use this style keyboard nor would I try it. Its just too much work for something I am already used to.

Also, what I do on my phone is usually personal to friends/family. I don't care if something is misspelled. Anything of importance is done on a computer. Sorry, its a no go for me.

sarreq

Reaction score
seems clunkier than it needs to be. I'll try it out once it's available, but I don't see it replacing swype for me anytime soon.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Voice to text is probably 2 years away from completely eliminating the need for soft/physical keyboards. Works pretty good right now, if you speak slowly and distinctly. But it's the processor and memory that probably causes it to lag a bit.

jbwiden

Reaction score
Voice to text is probably 2 years away from completely eliminating the need for soft/physical keyboards. Works pretty good right now, if you speak slowly and distinctly. But it's the processor and memory that probably causes it to lag a bit.

It actually is being sent to google to be decoded...

Stretch2m

Reaction score
I can't see how gesturing one letter at a time will ever be faster or easier than Swype. Not to mention I can't imagine taking the time to memorize the new layout when I already use the qwerty layout all day long at my job. They might as well implement a multi-touch stenograph interface and we'll all learn stenography!

doctordoctor

Reaction score
I think it is interesting and worth a shot... but why have to circle for each letter instead of just touching the letter??? seems like a lot of wasted movements and time...

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why does it have the Google colors - is this some kind of marketing ploy or is it a Google thing ?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I also wondered about the colors thing.

I will try it, but dang I feel like it'll be like learning a while new language over again. Looks like a pain in the butt to control quickly. Well see...

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
IMO, the wheel has already been invented... no need to re-invent.

I'll pass on this.

Droid_3.0

Reaction score
for the Apple click Wheel "it can last a full 20 mins on just one charge" >.> thats just sad