New issue ...anyone else?

kdivine981

Reaction score
Out of the blue, two hours ago, my 4g and arrow symbol disappeared. I have two bars and have not had one data drop since the logo went away. I am definitely not on w-fi. I am in long beach ca and am wondering if anybody else is experiencing this.

Seriously, I was going to reset phone, but the performance has been great! Weird...

OP
K

kdivine981

Reaction score
Still...4 hours now no arrows ...solid connection

rangerroy

Reaction score
VZW is probably working on setting up new towers and tweaking their 4g service in your area. We stopped having problems in central NC area yesterday, but it's exactly what you all have been describing. 4g with plenty of bars and then it just drops the data side of the connection right in the middle of use. As of yesterday afternoon things seem to have stabilized. The ONLY way I was able to find out that they were working in my area was going to their news website - news.verizonwireless.com and troll through the stories for the last month and a half and find out they were planning on working on the 4g signal in our area. If you are having problems, I suggest you look there to see if you can find news about your area (wish they would find a better way to notify us before they start work) and switch your 4g phones to CDMA (3g) only to retain data connectivity while they are working in your area.

Hope this helps,

rangerroy

OP
K

kdivine981

Reaction score
UPDATE

As of 1 minute ago, my phone...on vibrate...went off like I had booted up.. (haptic feedback) and the 4g logo came back. The entire time it was gone (over 12 hours) I didn't have one data drop. I get the feeling vzw was working on something, what with their lte expansion/roll out today. Of course, the ICS leak is all I am really interested in today...things are getting better for the bionic all the time....love this phone...