New Incredible... WIFI radio won't stay on?

flya750

Reaction score
Hi All,

Well I finally made the jump to a smart phone.. got the incredible.

I'm having trouble keeping my wifi radio on? It will turn on but then turn off seconds later.

So far the apps I have installed are task killer.. which I removed and installed juicedefender.... I since have removed that app too. I wonder if these apps broke my brand new phone?

Will a reset to factory fix this? If so what exactly happens after a factory reset? Do I lose all of my email configurations, contacts etc?

Thanks for any help.
Dan

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you tried turning your phone off/ back on?
I was JUST on Droid Incredible forum asking the same question but after reboot it stopped doing it.
It may also be your router. One poster said her phone does not like Belkin and neither did mine so I replaced it( had a bad port )
Yes a factory reset deletes everything, save that for a last resort. That didn't solve my Belkin issue, just caused a bunch of hassle
wified from my Incredible monolith using SlideIT on Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go ahead and put juice defender back on but you don't need the task killer as it will do more battery drain than help

OP
F

flya750

Reaction score
Okay.. so you don't think the juicedefender is causing my problem?

It just seems so weird that my new phone(today new) and already I'm havign an issue with the wifi radio????

OP
F

flya750

Reaction score
I wonder how careful I must be installing just any old app? Can these apps actually screw things up?

OP
F

flya750

Reaction score
Which Juicedefender? The beta or the battery ?? I see two different juice defender apps?

OP
F

flya750

Reaction score
I did reboot the phone.. yes..

Belkin is a swear word in my vocabulary... There is nothing Belkin in my house ;) I have ATT Uverse with a 2wire router..

But my problems seem to be more related to the phone itself?

Thanks for the tidbit about resetting the phone. I read on another forum that was what solved their wifi radio not staying on problem.

Have you tried turning your phone off/ back on?
I was JUST on Droid Incredible forum asking the same question but after reboot it stopped doing it.
It may also be your router. One poster said her phone does not like Belkin and neither did mine so I replaced it( had a bad port )
Yes a factory reset deletes everything, save that for a last resort. That didn't solve my Belkin issue, just caused a bunch of hassle

E

Emtronics

I have a Linksys router. It is set up to allow only certain MAC addresses to access the internet. This is so my wireless printer is always on the same IP. I have manually entered all the laptops and desktop MAC address' so there is no unauthorized access to my network. I did the same for my DINC. I never have a problem with it connecting. It stays connected.

berkeleywalker

Reaction score
FM radio trouble

Since the 2.2 upgrade, my fm radio won't go on at all . I get this error message:"Sorry! The application FM RAdio has stopped unexpected. Please try again." I used to enjoy listening to the radio through the phone, and it's an important feature for me. I have tried turning the phone off and rebooting, and nothing has worked. Help?!

Mikej7

Reaction score
Brand New DInc and WiFi will not stay on either

Brand new two days ago. WiFi will not find any networks, pops up a screen saying cannot locate any networks now and then closes and WiFi shuts off within 30 seconds. Tried two different routers, have two other laptops working fine. Have seen many others with exact problem.
Does anyone have a fix yet?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mine was my router. My laptop, desktop, Omnia all connected fine, my Inc saw the router but the router just ignored the Inc
Got a linksys, problem solved and my range has tripled

wified from my Incredible monolith using Swype or SlideIT on Tapatalk

Mikej7

Reaction score
Did a factory reset and all works just fine now. Too bad they just do not work out of the box. Will remember to inform any new buyer to do a reset prior to customization.