New&In Love but VERY confused about this DROID!!

resa510

Reaction score
:greendroid:...Hey Everyone,

Im new to the site. Jus got my new phone this past weekend and I have plenty of questions in regards to getting familiar with the Motorola Droid.

Applying Ringtones that were sent via text as mp3's, forwarding text msgs... and the more I read the to do list on some of these forums the more confused and frustrated I become.....sigh' :frown:......

Imma work it out!...On the other hand, I absolutely LOVE this phone and all its perks! .....

best wishes

Resa510

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the club. There is no doubt there is a steep learning curve to the Droid. Check the stickies in the various threads and you should get a quick handle on things.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Howdy Resa and :welcome: The first thing you're going to need to learn is long pressing is your new best friend. If you long press on a text it gives you the option to forward along with a few others. Same with the ringtones that are sent to you. Long press and it gives you the option to save then you can go to your ringtones and apply. Long press EVERYTHING...you'll see so many new options. Hope this helps and feel free to pm me if you cant find an answer you need:D

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome, resa510! You've come to the right place. This forum is full of people who love their Droids! They've all been where you are and are willing to help if you need it.

For ringtones, first mount your Droid after you've installed a file manager like Linda or Astro. Then on the Droid SD card create a directory called "media". In the media directory just create a subdirectory called "audio". Then in the audio directory create three subdirectories called "notifications", "ringtones", and "alarms". Then just drop your files into the appropriate folder.

For notifications: media/audio/notifications
For ringtones: media/audio/ringtones
For alarms: media/audio/alarms

That's what I did and have had no problems. I drop new stuff in there all the time because I get bored easily... what else is new around here, huh?

To forward a text message you have to long press on the message and a list of options shows up, one of which is forward.

Reading is one of the best things you can do, especially the stickies. You'll be absolutley amazed at what you can teach yourself after a couple of days. If you get stuck, just let someone know and we'll get it resolved for you. Good luck and enjoy!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
:greendroid:...Hey Everyone,

Im new to the site. Jus got my new phone this past weekend and I have plenty of questions in regards to getting familiar with the Motorola Droid.

Applying Ringtones that were sent via text as mp3's, forwarding text msgs... and the more I read the to do list on some of these forums the more confused and frustrated I become.....sigh' :frown:......

Imma work it out!...On the other hand, I absolutely LOVE this phone and all its perks! .....

best wishes

Resa510

I just posted a thread that has video tutorials. You can ignore the first 5 posts since you are just wanting to learn the basics. Starting with post 6 on has everything from how to set up yahoo mail, fix call quality, ringtones, and folders. Hope it is helpful and if anything I can add to make let me know.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-seen-some-questions-here-video-droidmod.html

ignore the title it started as a root video then I added other vid tutorials. I wanted to change title of thread but can not seem to do so.