new ics ota global update coming

Coupe

Reaction score
Update installed fine. Didnt need to relock. Did lose root temporarily.

Did it just go back to rooted on its own or did you need to do that? Mine downloaded but I deferred it for a few days.

Snoking

Reaction score
To bad they did not open the aftermarket hotspot!

Hope they improved the data hangs.

Preferred network screen added Global and GSM.
Does seem faster. Chris

Last edited:

shockracer

Reaction score
I have apps that freeze, internet freezes here and there and slower. All in all just a crappy update that does nothing but give frustration and headaches. well done VZW another failed update!

Snoking

Reaction score
I have apps that freeze, internet freezes here and there and slower. All in all just a crappy update that does nothing but give frustration and headaches. well done VZW another failed update!

Do a battery pull reboot. Then maybe a FR. Chris

Tha187um

Reaction score
Finally Official Global Support. Just tested it and data and sms now works, on previous leaks / hacks / etc. Only voice worked, so this was a nice addition :) now I dont have to carry 2 devices when I travel out lol.

Tha187um

Reaction score
Tried it with Tmobile SIM and everything worked, except that data was on Edge... I dont know much about what frequencies each carrier use...

tannins

Reaction score
No bugs to report on stock device after this update.
I know everyone complains global should have been done a year ago, but I'm sure glad its done now.
I believe this update cleaned up my problem with the phone not waking up when I remove it from my ear after a call, but I need more testing.

wardo

Reaction score
Wife's phone updated yesterday.
Her people (phone book) has all her contacts duplicated and listed under weird titles.
1 more month and she is getting a GS4

tannins

Reaction score
Wife's phone updated yesterday.
Her people (phone book) has all her contacts duplicated and listed under weird titles.
1 more month and she is getting a GS4

Are you sure the duplicated entries aren't from a google sync or something like that? The dupes have all the same info?
That wouldn't explain weird titles though.

acejavelin

Reaction score
Are you sure the duplicated entries aren't from a google sync or something like that? The dupes have all the same info?
That wouldn't explain weird titles though.
I saw this in another forum, strange Google contact entries and duplicates. I would actually recommend a factory default, seems to me that fixed for the other user as well.

Coupe

Reaction score
Well, I waited over a year to root and two days after I rooted this update rolls out and now it trys to install every two days and fails. So now it gets hijacked every couple a days to try and install a patch I don't even want...fml.

Im ready to go back to a flip phone.

tannins

Reaction score
I saw this in another forum, strange Google contact entries and duplicates. I would actually recommend a factory default, seems to me that fixed for the other user as well.

On my phone, this isn't a glitch that I'm referring to, it is intentional from Google. They recognize a contact of yours and create another contact with the same name if they have a gmail address. You can then sync the two contacts.

acejavelin

Reaction score
On my phone, this isn't a glitch that I'm referring to, it is intentional from Google. They recognize a contact of yours and create another contact with the same name if they have a gmail address. You can then sync the two contacts.
Except this has always been the case, normally you would get an option to "Link" the contacts in the phone. The best option is to NEVER use "Phone" contacts, always use Google contacts.

tannins

Reaction score
Except this has always been the case, normally you would get an option to "Link" the contacts in the phone. The best option is to NEVER use "Phone" contacts, always use Google contacts.

True, this has always been the case. I brought it up for the post that said he had dupe contacts in case this was the reason.
Now I have to go figure out what you mean about using google contacts. I always use phone contacts.

acejavelin

Reaction score
True, this has always been the case. I brought it up for the post that said he had dupe contacts in case this was the reason.
Now I have to go figure out what you mean about using google contacts. I always use phone contacts.
You can just change the display drop down to phone only, then use the menu to MOVE contacts from Phone to Google.