New ICS Leak for Bionic

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why the bogomips is different for all the revisions? What the heck is bogomips?

jwilly216

Reaction score
Rev 2 1200. Idk how people are saying battery life is bad because mine is PHENOMENAL! twice as better than it ever could've been before on any ROM even eclipse.

View attachment 51568

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Ive tried to install this in the stock recovery but always seem to get an error. Do i need to wipe date/cache before installing?

You shoudnt even have another recovery installed to get to the wipe data/cache option. FXZ to .902, pull the .905 OTA. Then install the ICS leak through stock recovery. It really should be that easy.

matjmonk

Reaction score
Well, I've been reading through this thread since the ICS leak was announced and I guess I'm the only one still experiencing a significant amount of data drops. I did the install on Friday using all the reccommend wipes and procedures and everything appeared to install fine. It looked like data was fine while I was at work (I was mostly on WIFI but I did watch it as I drove home) however after I got to the house, I kept seeing the drops and searching for new connections. I think I only managed to keep data for a few minutes at best. I let the installation settle down until Saturday afternoon but the drops seemed to get worse instead of better. I did all the normal things like airplane mode, reset the SIM card, etc but nothing helped. I also reinstalled the Phone Info app and manually forced the network to CDMA but nothing made the drops better. It looks like anytime I try to get the Bionic to look at the PRL file, the problems start. If I lock it down to non-PRL, I get a solid data connection but it's locked at 1X. Finally I used the BionicTCP app and applied the large buffers and this has made the issue a bit more manageable but I still see quite a few data drops and some data stalls. The only thing I can do is force it back to CDMA mode and live with the serious speed reductions. So, it looks like the leak is pretty good if you are in a solid 3G/4G location but if you live on the fringes like me, it's not much of an improvement data wise. Just passing along my experiences.

Cheers

compaddict

Reaction score
After a day at full charge battery life seems the same or better. Fresh load.

jwilly216

Reaction score
Matjmonk, maybe you are in a fringe area between 4g and 3g or different towers? Some people are just unlucky like that. You could just turn off 4g while home..
I'm still in the honeymoon phase with Ice Cream Sandwich. It's the most perfect Android ever. I was looking at new phones but now I wanna keep this beast

matjmonk

Reaction score
Matjmonk, maybe you are in a fringe area between 4g and 3g or different towers? Some people are just unlucky like that. You could just turn off 4g while home..
I'm still in the honeymoon phase with Ice Cream Sandwich. It's the most perfect Android ever. I was looking at new phones but now I wanna keep this beast

I did acknowledge that I do live in a fringe area, which is by choice, I mean I can't even get high-speed internet where I live! I think ICS is ok and a fairly good step forward, I think it's best thing is that it will allow all the Devs out there to begin/complete development of thier ROMS which will give us more stuff to play with and that is good for us serial crack flashers!!

grgguy

Reaction score
Applying ICS now ..... I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for it to install!

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
matjmonk said:
I did acknowledge that I do live in a fringe area, which is by choice, I mean I can't even get high-speed internet where I live! I think ICS is ok and a fairly good step forward, I think it's best thing is that it will allow all the Devs out there to begin/complete development of thier ROMS which will give us more stuff to play with and that is good for us serial crack flashers!!

I live on the fringe of an extended area and had constant problems with not just 4G, but data in general before ICS. ICS on my bionic has been like buying a new phone, when data drops (and its been rare) it connects back up immediately.

I know how you feel, .905 solved problems for so many, but not me.