new ics leak again 6.7.239

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Imprezive said:
Thanks for the quick repsonse. is there a flashable fxz for ics? or once you make the jump to ics is there no way to make it back to the stock ics upgrade path. as of right now im on .232

.232 is the last ics leak that is fxzable

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
No, my theory is still Friday or Monday. But if 238 isn't OTA, then it'll be almost a month as you know.

LOL well nothing about the D4 OTA was conventional, so maybe they'll skip testing completely for the Bionic build LOL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
This is a question, not a challenge or accusation...why are those the only two options? Because of their internal cycles.....238 makes the cut or it takes a month to get the next one ready?

Just judging by history of other Moto ICS releases, that's all. For example, the D4 release. Leaked on the 28th of July, not pushed out to soak/ota (whatever the hell that was) until 8/13. 238 was leaked on the 2nd of August. If it really takes 3 weeks between the time when a build shows up on cheesecake to the time it's pushed for soak/ota, well, do the math. It doesn't bode well for us getting it before the end of August/September if there really is going to be another build.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
LOL well nothing about the D4 OTA was conventional, so maybe they'll skip testing completely for the Bionic build LOL

And what in the Bionic's history has been conventional? :D So, maybe they'll do the same for us. Who knows. I just want us to hit OTA so we can start griping that the S3 has JB and we don't. :D

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tonik said:
This is a question, not a challenge or accusation...why are those the only two options? Because of their internal cycles.....238 makes the cut or it takes a month to get the next one ready?

The average time to create an update is 2 to 3 weeks but minor improvements on current leak is 1 week with a full recompiled update the system version goes up by increments of 10 minor bug fixes an coding to an existing leak system version goes up in increments of single digits ie. 230 231 232

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
The average time to create an update is 2 to 3 weeks but minor improvements on current leak is 1 week with a full recompiled update the system version goes up by increments of 10 minor bug fixes an coding to an existing leak system version goes up in increments of single digits ie. 230 231 232

That being said, given that 6.7.239 does exist (although only as an engineering build) does that mean that .238 won't be the OTA, but something after that?

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
That being said, given that 6.7.239 does exist (although only as an engineering build) does that mean that .238 won't be the OTA, but something after that?

It doesn't mean anything other than a build not meant for us.

nitephlight

Reaction score
It doesn't mean anything other than a build not meant for us.

If they really didn't want us to have these (or test thoroughly for them albeit at our own risk) they'd just release engie builds go home nothing to see but bricks lol. AFAIK , Verizon has no say over builds "stolen" from moto servers, but they can and W I L L delay OTAs till they have (or generous enough to spare...)the resources to support the build. Sometimes they need it out strategically before Motorola is ready...ahem razr...

reminon

Reaction score
So as a noob question...what's keeps us from using eng builds like they did with the thunderbolt..or am I missing something?

ctaguy

Reaction score
Ok i have a question I'm a noob at this i flashed 232 wiped cache did all the things I've read to do. Now i get random notification tones also i reinstalledall my apps they worked for awhile now some have stopped working correctly I've uninstalled then and reinstalled them to no avail. Amy thought on how too stop the random tones and fix the apps.oh ive already did a factory reset didn't work. Thanks for any help you can give me.

reminon

Reaction score
Reflash usually works for me.....annoying but but it helped me...or..I've heard fixing permissions and help with force closes

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
So as a noob question...what's keeps us from using eng builds like they did with the thunderbolt..or am I missing something?

Well, the thunderbolt is an HTC phone and has absolutely no relation to the bionic in any way other than they both run android. It's like comparing an apple to mars.

Next, how do you propose you install an update that wasn't designed for your phone? You could just as easily ask why can't we install a razr update on our bionic. Or why can't we upgrade from 232 to 238.

The answer is quite simple. Updates are designed to *PATCH* the system they were DESIGNED to update. All the ICS builds are designed to update 5.9.905. An engineering update is designed to update an engineering version of 5.9.905. Completely different bootloader. Completely different everything. When the update does a system check, it quickly fails the assertion that checks to make sure it's updating the system it was designed to. And no, you can't just go change it. The updates are signed. Even if you could, running an update on a system that it's not designed for will randomly patch files it wasn't meant to patch. Leaving you with a phone that is completely and totally bricked. This is why the assertions are done in the first place. To prevent the update from screwing up your phone...