new ics leak 6.7.237

CBMGGM

Reaction score
I'm curious as well. Just how many leaks did Moto cook up? I'm staying on 232 for now do to some hardware issues with my device; my replacement Bionic is happy with ICS. Let the pros in this forum do their thing and tear 237 apart.

Oops just read 239...... same comments though

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
.239 was found the other night but not made public because it's an engineering build and will NOT install over .905 (the sha1 doesn't match). Apparently, it's for a "TEST" version of .905 - whether or not this is the same file found the other night remains to be seen.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
I'm curious as well. Just how many leaks did Moto cook up? I'm staying on 232 for now do to some hardware issues with my device; my replacement Bionic is happy with ICS. Let the pros in this forum do their thing and tear 237 apart.

Oops just read 239...... same comments though

Leaks aren't "cook'd up" and released, they are builds Motorola is doing and testing internally. Someone figured out how to allow their device to access the Motorola servers that the "out in the field" Motorola Employees use to get these builds, and get the .zips themselves...(cheesecake.apk was created).

Each time a build system runs a compile, it increases the build number. So they run a build (.200) and they run another build (.201) and then run another build (.202) and at some point, someone cheescake found .201 and posted it on the internet.

When new "leaks" are found....it's just a new(er) build that Motorola's build system has compiled and someone checked the servers and grabbed it.

bbucks36

Reaction score
from what Dave12308 said you can't flash this over 905 cause its an engineering build. So if you can't move forward with this build, how are you expecting to be able to fxz backwards?

is this an answer or a question to my question.. in his remark he said he wasnt sure if it was the same file.. so my question was to someone who tried it..so if you havent tried it dont answer the question thanks

Maddog241

Reaction score
I am feeling less and less confident that there will be an official release by the end of August. :/:angry:

Seeing an engineering build at this stage of the game...does seem odd to me. Isn't that what happens in the beginning? I believe I remember the first ICS build discovered was an engineering build. Does this concern anyone else?

Bigv5150

Reaction score
Not really I'm on 238 and it runs great if they take another month to make it better I don't care.

bbtkd

Reaction score
Leaks aren't "cook'd up" and released, they are builds Motorola is doing and testing internally. Someone figured out how to allow their device to access the Motorola servers that the "out in the field" Motorola Employees use to get these builds, and get the .zips themselves...(cheesecake.apk was created).

Each time a build system runs a compile, it increases the build number. So they run a build (.200) and they run another build (.201) and then run another build (.202) and at some point, someone cheescake found .201 and posted it on the internet.

When new "leaks" are found....it's just a new(er) build that Motorola's build system has compiled and someone checked the servers and grabbed it.

Moto may be doing this "internally", but the ongoing leaks are no accident on their part. It would be very easy to close that down, and undoubtedly some of their folks monitor forums for input on the releases. They are getting hundreds of additional testers that are doing it at their own risk - all while hyping the release and the phone. I believe it is starting to backfire though, with folks getting more and more impatient. They do have a mostly captive audience though, since we're all ineligible for new phones for about a year.

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Moto may be doing this "internally", but the ongoing leaks are no accident on their part. It would be very easy to close that down, and undoubtedly some of their folks monitor forums for input on the releases. They are getting hundreds of additional testers that are doing it at their own risk - all while hyping the release and the phone. I believe it is starting to backfire though, with folks getting more and more impatient. They do have a mostly captive audience though, since we're all ineligible for new phones for about a year.
Or January :D