new ics leak 6.7.232

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Beefcake550 said:
I can say that if the stock wifi tethering doesn't work (even though I think it does), I can say that FoxFi DOES, in fact, work as I have tested it myself.

Does this mean its working, never used this before and verizon won't know?

View attachment 52762

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

bambamsnots80

Reaction score
Hope it works. Yeah, you have to be at least 40% battery before doing this.

I know that some files have the update file as well as a CHK(?) file. Just have the update file on the phone as the install won't work if the other file is there as well.

It seems to be working... finished the install, the rebooted. Screen says Android is upgrading... and its at media database right now... just finished with contacts... Taking a while at this point, everything else went pretty quickly really. Just keeping busy so I don't get to anxious at how long its taking.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
It seems to be working... finished the install, the rebooted. Screen says Android is upgrading... and its at media database right now... just finished with contacts... Taking a while at this point, everything else went pretty quickly really. Just keeping busy so I don't get to anxious at how long its taking.

Let us know if it was successful and what you think of it.

bambamsnots80

Reaction score
Let us know if it was successful and what you think of it.

Well, I am just begining to play with it. i wiped the cache and am going through the different aspects of it. Was a bit slow at first, but now its starting to move with some pep. Proccesor is running at 1200, and so far no major errors. Question, is the stock browser now Chrome? Doesn't really seem any different yet. I am trying to also run with the stock home screen, instead of my go launcher that i was using. I'm also getting 4g in my apartment, when I would usually only get 3g, so thats good.

jdlowsracer

Reaction score
No the stock browser isn't chrome, you will have to install from the play store

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, I am just begining to play with it. i wiped the cache and am going through the different aspects of it. Was a bit slow at first, but now its starting to move with some pep.

I understand that some things will improve after a few days. Also power the phone down once in a while rather than letting it stay on all the time.

bambamsnots80

Reaction score
Sounds good, I will have to try out Chrome, and I'll make sure to power cycle it. Also need to re sync my battery or w/e... I know I was reading about it in some thread around here. I guess one last question. Now that I'm here... it is worth it to root? And if so, then what would be the best way to root?

bwlstuff

Reaction score
How are you guys getting foxfi to work? I swear I tried it on 230 and it wasnt working for me. I guess Ill try it again tonight,. Are you guys doing hotspot or bluetooth. I just want the regular wireless hotspot.

I just loaded foxfi today on 230. I did have to reboot phone before it would work.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
bambamsnots80 said:
I guess one last question. Now that I'm here... it is worth it to root? And if so, then what would be the best way to root?

There are several rooting threads. Rooting will give you access to apps that you couldn't before. And while ICS will let you shut down some bloatware, rooting will let you freeze (or delete) all bloatware.

That being said, I'm not rooted, nor do I plan to.

Tonik

Reaction score
And while ICS will let you shut down some bloatware, rooting will let you freeze (or delete) all bloatware.

Not google play and music. They come back after reboot if you TIBU freeze them. Most annoying.

milski65

Reaction score
Not google play and music. They come back after reboot if you TIBU freeze them. Most annoying.

I'm still on 229, but tibu freezes all of that. No books, music or anything else I've frozen. Must be an issue on later leaks

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Tonik

Reaction score
I'm still on 229, but tibu freezes all of that. No books, music or anything else I've frozen. Must be an issue on later leaks

I have seen the issue from a few other peeps, and now that you mention it all of us are on 230.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
For those of u that see my pic and see its working, I'm on 230 leak

Graymayre

Reaction score
Ok, originally ran safestrap to run Eclipse, then ran bootstrap so I can use the lapdock with Eclipse. I previously did the radiocomm and sqlite editor hacks for the wifi tether.
I nandroid back to my stock rom and cleared boot mods, then I OTA to 902 (from 901), and then again to 905. Now the phone is pretty much stock except for the radiocomm hack which should be irrelevant, and root that carried over.
I attempted updating using the direct download link first, using stock recovery to install the zip.
Failed due to it being unsigned?
Attempted Cheesecake update download.
Returned to phone saying that update failed.
Bootstrapped to clear dalvik cache, cleared bootstrap.
Stock recovery to wipe data factory reset.
Attempted to install from zip again, failed again, but it failed past the signature verification, something wrong with the package?
Rebooted and installed cheesecake apk to start the download again, which is where I am now.

Any ideas where I may have gone wrong in the process? What could be causing the fail? I rooted with one-click root and then forever rooted it in the past, so could this be causing the issue?

My next step will be to download the FXZ file and flash it to 902 to start the whole process over again, which can take all night and I would rather not have to do that again.

Edit: Failed again utterly. Then nearly threw everything electronic out the 3rd floor window when my attempts to download the FXZ file kept failing from a brief drop in connection. Success overnight tho.
Flashed 902, updating to 905, and will be attempting to install from the file without using cheesecake first.

Last edited: