new ics leak 6.7.232

deduct

Reaction score
deduct said:
Tvlinks.eu works but letmewatchthis.com says i cannot connect to my sql server. And movie2k works as well.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
Hey thanks Deduct!!! :hail:Well at least tvlinks works!dancedroidJust get'n more ammo to decide if its worth it to me to get ICS?
I'm sure I'll probably be able to find other video sites for movies? Your the Man!!!

CyBuzz

Reaction score
It is of little to no use to have you come in here and simply say "I tried the leak and had some issues". Please elaborate a bit, as most people have had very good luck with 6.7.232, and alot of us agree that it is ready for release; and actually hope that it IS the final.

If you explain what the issues are, we can help you with them.

I apologize. I was not looking for help resolving issues but I did not think about the fact that I could be helpful to point out the issues to others.

My main problem is that it seems like my phone is not recognized as an ICS build in the play store. One application (and a few others) I use (ADT Pulse) worked find on my phone with 902/905 but would not install on ICS. It is supported in ICS and works on my ICS tablet. It is an app I count on daily, so that was a deal breaker.

The other is that the launcher when in dock was just flakey. I dont recall what the issues were, but remember being up late one night working on it in the dock.

One other thing I noticed is that it rebooted on it's own. Not a lot, twice in one day was the most, but i noticed. Now I dont blame ICS...could be an app compatibility problem, but I installed my 'base' required apps that were on 902 and didnt have it reboot on its own.

Since my phone is my "daily driver" I have to make the decision to stick with something quickly...usually over night or over a weekend. If it is not going to be stable, I have to get back to stable.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I apologize. I was not looking for help resolving issues but I did not think about the fact that I could be helpful to point out the issues to others.

My main problem is that it seems like my phone is not recognized as an ICS build in the play store. One application (and a few others) I use (ADT Pulse) worked find on my phone with 902/905 but would not install on ICS. It is supported in ICS and works on my ICS tablet. It is an app I count on daily, so that was a deal breaker.

The other is that the launcher when in dock was just flakey. I dont recall what the issues were, but remember being up late one night working on it in the dock.

One other thing I noticed is that it rebooted on it's own. Not a lot, twice in one day was the most, but i noticed. Now I dont blame ICS...could be an app compatibility problem, but I installed my 'base' required apps that were on 902 and didnt have it reboot on its own.

Since my phone is my "daily driver" I have to make the decision to stick with something quickly...usually over night or over a weekend. If it is not going to be stable, I have to get back to stable.

Ahhhhh... Well, the Play Store issue could be because the build isn't official yet, perhaps the dev hasn't updated their device filters to allow a Bionic with ICS to see the app in the store. I believe the filters can actually specify a certain device running a certain OS. So perhaps the developer of the app only has it set to show up on a Bionic running Android 2.3 - sometimes this can even be an issue once a build goes official, if the developer is slow to react. This also could be intentional, if the app is not ICS ready (not applicable in this case, since the app in question IS ICS ready)

As for the dock launcher, I cannot comment as I do not own a dock.

Random reboots may be caused by ICS pushing the phone harder than GB did. For one thing, the second core is now fully used. It is possible that ICS is going to "uncover" weak chipsets that once worked fine on GB. Once ICS becomes official, you can probably do a warranty claim if this keeps on happening. Or, like you say, it could be a 3rd party app wreaking havoc - perhaps one of your necessary apps isn't yet ICS compatible, but is allowed to install anyways.

In the end, you need to do what you need to do to keep your phone stable - but once ICS becomes official, you have little choice but to install it. Issue being that if you cancel the install, it will just download it again and burn through another 300+ MB of data. If you postpone it, it will constantly nag you.

In the end, the helpful thing about your coming back and posting issues is that it always helps to have a list of known issues, since Moto doesn't provide one to us. In this way, we can compare notes and at least give people a heads up as to what to expect.

landon418

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ahhhhh... Well, the Play Store issue could be because the build isn't official yet, perhaps the dev hasn't updated their device filters to allow a Bionic with ICS to see the app in the store. I believe the filters can actually specify a certain device running a certain OS. So perhaps the developer of the app only has it set to show up on a Bionic running Android 2.3 - sometimes this can even be an issue once a build goes official, if the developer is slow to react. This also could be intentional, if the app is not ICS ready (not applicable in this case, since the app in question IS ICS ready)

As for the dock launcher, I cannot comment as I do not own a dock.

Random reboots may be caused by ICS pushing the phone harder than GB did. For one thing, the second core is now fully used. It is possible that ICS is going to "uncover" weak chipsets that once worked fine on GB. Once ICS becomes official, you can probably do a warranty claim if this keeps on happening. Or, like you say, it could be a 3rd party app wreaking havoc - perhaps one of your necessary apps isn't yet ICS compatible, but is allowed to install anyways.

In the end, you need to do what you need to do to keep your phone stable - but once ICS becomes official, you have little choice but to install it. Issue being that if you cancel the install, it will just download it again and burn through another 300+ MB of data. If you postpone it, it will constantly nag you.

In the end, the helpful thing about your coming back and posting issues is that it always helps to have a list of known issues, since Moto doesn't provide one to us. In this way, we can compare notes and at least give people a heads up as to what to expect.

In the playstore is it displaying an error message, or not compatible with your phone? If it has an error message clear data for google Services framework.

Graymayre

Reaction score
Wow I am so behind. I forgot how fast Android moves. I remember getting a soak test email for the next build after 902 and chose not to do it because I was just beginning to run eclipse and didn't want to change. Then I got a lapdock and was sorely disappointed at the memory management at the same time as I was thrilled about the webtop experience. Then upon learning about chrome OS, I decided to zealously search for any threads about someone taking on a project to port chrome OS over webtop 2.0. Now I'm just gonna hit up ICS 232 now and feel pretty confident based on everything you guys have said about how worthy it is to be OTA. My only concerns are root and the stock wifi tether that I used with the now ancient radiocomm and sqlite hacks. It is absolutely a necessity that I retain these features to at least the same capabilities. Is anyone experiencing data drops or radio resets? Speed consistent? I play eve through it and occasionally lose data. I'm hoping to find that this can do better if not totally fix it.

Sent from my Red Carbonized Bionic

Beefcake550

Reaction score
Wow I am so behind. I forgot how fast Android moves. I remember getting a soak test email for the next build after 902 and chose not to do it because I was just beginning to run eclipse and didn't want to change. Then I got a lapdock and was sorely disappointed at the memory management at the same time as I was thrilled about the webtop experience. Then upon learning about chrome OS, I decided to zealously search for any threads about someone taking on a project to port chrome OS over webtop 2.0. Now I'm just gonna hit up ICS 232 now and feel pretty confident based on everything you guys have said about how worthy it is to be OTA. My only concerns are root and the stock wifi tether that I used with the now ancient radiocomm and sqlite hacks. It is absolutely a necessity that I retain these features to at least the same capabilities. Is anyone experiencing data drops or radio resets? Speed consistent? I play eve through it and occasionally lose data. I'm hoping to find that this can do better if not totally fix it.

Sent from my Red Carbonized Bionic

I can say that if the stock wifi tethering doesn't work (even though I think it does), I can say that FoxFi DOES, in fact, work as I have tested it myself.

powrful1

Reaction score
I can say that if the stock wifi tethering doesn't work (even though I think it does), I can say that FoxFi DOES, in fact, work as I have tested it myself.

My FoxFi was only getting 11mbps when speed tested via my notebook computer...no where near the 30mbps I get from my phone alone. Either way faster than any other 4g service I have seen

Sent from my Bionic on ICS 232 w/ Tapatalk™

bambamsnots80

Reaction score
Noob questions

So, I am for the first time ever thinking about installing a leak... My phone is driving me nuts with the data connections, and frankly, I am getting a little impatient waiting for ICS ota. So, I have downloaded a blur 5.9.905 to 6.7.232 zip file, and it is in my external sd card. What is the best way to install it? And do you have to be rooted in order to do so? I have never been rooted, although I am getting ready to start really exploring what my bionic can do. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
So, I am for the first time ever thinking about installing a leak... My phone is driving me nuts with the data connections, and frankly, I am getting a little impatient waiting for ICS ota. So, I have downloaded a blur 5.9.905 to 6.7.232 zip file, and it is in my external sd card. What is the best way to install it? And do you have to be rooted in order to do so? I have never been rooted, although I am getting ready to start really exploring what my bionic can do. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

You don't have to be rooted to install the update. Once the file is in the root (main area) of the external SD card, here are the remaining steps:

1. Eject both MOT and Removable Drive and disconnect the phone from your computer.
2. Power phone down
3. Reboot into stock recovery (adb reboot recovery) by holding Power and Volume Up/Down at the same time.
4. Select "Recovery" by pressing Volume Down, then press Volume Up to initiate it.
5. When the robot appears, press both Volume keys in at the same time.
6. Select “apply update from sdcard” using the volume keys, then Power to initiate it.
7. Using the Volume keys, choose the file that you downloaded (above), press Power and let it load.*
8. When the install is done, press Power. It'll reboot, but it'll be longer than normal.

*I've heard that if you change the name of the file to "update.zip" (without the quotes) the phone will find the file without you having to choose.

Last edited:

linuxgator

Reaction score

You don't need to be rooted to upgrade, just turn off your phone, and hold both volume keys while turning it on. At the menu, select Recovery. When it gets to a screen with a triangle and ! on it, press both volume keys again. It should bring up a menu, one of the items will be Install upgrade from file or something along that line, select that and find the zip file on your sdcard and select it. Just make sure you have enough charge on your battery before starting, it could take a few minutes. Once it's done, it's recommended to go to the recovery menu again and select Wipe cache partition (NOT factory reset unless you want a clean slate). Then reboot. The first boot may take a while.

bambamsnots80

Reaction score
Ok, that answers all my questions. Thank you both very much. Guess I might as well take the plunge =)

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, that answers all my questions. Thank you both very much. Guess I might as well take the plunge =)

Hope it works. Yeah, you have to be at least 40% battery before doing this.

I know that some files have the update file as well as a CHK(?) file. Just have the update file on the phone as the install won't work if the other file is there as well.

gordz24

Reaction score
How are you guys getting foxfi to work? I swear I tried it on 230 and it wasnt working for me. I guess Ill try it again tonight,. Are you guys doing hotspot or bluetooth. I just want the regular wireless hotspot.