NEW ICS leak .238

MikeSaya

Reaction score
When I open the settings database there is no page down option to scroll through the entries which makes it so I can't get to the entitlement check page.

I am using Ashell and aSQLiteManger both from the play store, I am running the 238 leak with root.

Try pressing menu and hitting last and it will show the last entries, it may not be in their either. I use SQ Lite editor, but it costs money in the play store.

Actually, i think if you press on the id_1 on top it will then allow you to page down, just above the first entry there.

Last edited:

tlarseth

Reaction score
Try pressing menu and hitting last and it will show the last entries, it may not be in their either. I use SQ Lite editor, but it costs money in the play store.

Actually, i think if you press on the id_1 on top it will then allow you to page down, just above the first entry there.

After letting it sit for about 15 minutes I pressed where the page up and page down buttons should be, and they magically appeared. I was able to set entitlementcheck to 0, and after a reboot the phone mobile hotspot worked flawlessly.

maaybraak

Reaction score
Felt like screwing around earlier and tried installing that Axiom JB alpha over my .238 leak and it didn't go so well. I tjink I'll try it w/factory recovery and do a data wipe as well as cache and dalvik and see how things go. As stated by others in other forums, ROM Toolbox is a lifesaver! Purely by chance back when I was too new to even be called a noob and had only just rooted my first smartphone, a Samsung Transform Ultra, it was one of the first apps I downloaded and used.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

virgil71468

Reaction score
So you can change settings in vzw hotspot app to avoid cost? Not quite understanding

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

MikeSaya

Reaction score
So you can change settings in vzw hotspot app to avoid cost? Not quite understanding

Yes, its easiest to buy SQ lite editor in the play store. It cost me $2.99 a few months ago unless they raised it since then. Your phone MUST be rooted. After getting it, open it up, go to settings storage, will be two of them, choose the one with motorola in the name, then choose settings.db, that will be the only one listed, then choose settings, then scroll down to #79 entitlement check. Hold down your finger on the number 1 listed to the right of that and select edit field. Change value from 1 to 0. Click save. Reboot your phone. Enjoy FREE MOBILE HOTSPOT!!!!!

P.S. Make sure you accept superuser permissions for SQ Lite if you use this method. Probably dumb for me to even mention that but just in case you didn't know.

Last edited:

MikeSaya

Reaction score
I also know that their is a way to change the entitlement check setting by pushing it manually with adb on your laptop or pc and its free, but I couldn't help you with that. Sam is the expert here. Maybe he knows.

freebird_78

Reaction score
Well, I'm going to factory reset my 238. My battery life has been consistently halved since going to it. I've run every leak since 2231 and use Sami's tools each time, all with good results with the exception of 238's battery usage. I plan on selectively restoring from TiBU (ie no system apps and only some data). We'll see.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I did the same. And once I factory reset 238 my battery life was significantly improved. I only restored my apps with Rom Toolbox Pro and no system data at all.

tlarseth

Reaction score
Well, I'm going to factory reset my 238. My battery life has been consistently halved since going to it. I've run every leak since 2231 and use Sami's tools each time, all with good results with the exception of 238's battery usage. I plan on selectively restoring from TiBU (ie no system apps and only some data). We'll see.

I Factory Reset after each update, it doesn't bother me resetting up applications each time, but I have yet to have battery issues once I went to 6.7.238. I can go about 4 hours and only loose 10% battery life, which is awesome with both GMail and my Corp E-Mail on Push Settings.

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra

don't use TiBU, that's the only bug in your plan. uninstall TiBU, get Rom Toolbox (free maybe does backup? pro is the best $ you will ever spend on an app IMHO) and backup data only in there except for any apps you have that playstore can't restore..(only stuff that's not in playstore at all....you can use rom toolbox to link most of your unlinked stuff back to the store) TiBU will fix it for ICS I'm sure, but it's not optimized yet and comparably, people with RTB have had zero problems

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Tibu works great for me... best backup solution I've found. It only has problems because it's so all-encompassing with regards to what it can backup and restore.

freebird_78

Reaction score
Well, did it. I am getting better battery life, but still not as good as 235. My best with 235 was 42 hrs. Looks like my best with 238 is going to be low 30s.