New Home Screen?

amandab84

Reaction score
I have this new screen that comes up when I press the home button. Its blue with the weather and clock on it. I really want to get rid of this. Help me....:blink::blink:

JRParsons

Reaction score
What type of phone so you have? And have you downloaded any new apps recently.
What do you normally get when you hit the home button?

OP
A

amandab84

Reaction score
What type of phone so you have? And have you downloaded any new apps recently.
What do you normally get when you hit the home button?

I updated my Facebook app. Otherwise, no new apps.

I usually hit the 'up' arrow key and I would get the home screen that shows all my apps and my weather widget. This screen I can navigate around and change the shortcuts on.
I can get back to the original home screen if I hit back like 30 times.

Its a Galaxy S2.

JRParsons

Reaction score
Go to your home screen. "Pinch" the screen like your zooming in on a picture. This should show you all of your home screens. Drag the one(s) you don't want to the trash can. Choose the one you want to be the default (one that comes up when the home button is pressed) by tapping the picture of the little house in the top right hand corner of that particular home screen.
Any chance you downloaded facebook home. Its facebooks launcher, some people like it, but it pretty much takes over your phone.

OP
A

amandab84

Reaction score
I am not able to pinch the screen. When I hit the menu button it gives me the option to hide icons, settings, and edit. None of which allow me to get rid of this screen. I have been playing with this for a few days now and can't find anything. I have googled it and have found nothing either. I have no idea what is going on.

SC20130806-145952.pngSC20130806-150017.png

As for facebook launcher, how do I check to see if I did that? Would that be in settings > apps?

JRParsons

Reaction score
I'm guessing a bit but go to settings/display and see if "page buddy" is on. If it is turn it off.

OP
A

amandab84

Reaction score
I don't have that option. Not on either one of my settings for either of the home screens. :icon_eek:

JRParsons

Reaction score
Alright 1 last try then I'm stumped. Go into your clock app. Turn off the dock home setting and cancel all alarms.
If that doesn't work go to settings (on your true home screen, the one with the rocks as wallpaper) choose applications/slide to all/scroll down to clock then clear cache, clear data, and force stop.

I think the screen you showed me is the desktop clock screen.
I have an s3 so some things may be different.

OP
A

amandab84

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the things you suggested either were not there or didn't work. I really appreciate your help. :sad:

JRParsons

Reaction score
Does your phone have a dock mode. If so, I think you are in it. Hopefully someone with an s2 who's seen that sceen will chime in.
Most of, but not all, of the people on this forum are on Verizon who didn't carry the s2.
Good luck and if you get it solved report back.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

OP
A

amandab84

Reaction score
So after another 2 hours of searching the internet and countless reboots to my phone it has finally disappeared!!! I think it just needed a reboot X20? :blink: Who knows...

Thanks for all the help :biggrin: