New Here

Inspeqtor

Reaction score
I got my Droid about 3 weeks ago, so I am just now learning how to use it. I know there is a lot I have no idea about it.

I found this forum 'accidentally' while doing a google search on how to connect my phone to my computer. I found I need to get a data cable for it. I have already downloaded V Cast Media Manager for the PC and the app for the phone.

I have also tried but failed at finding a new free ring tone for my phone. Are there any free ring tones?

Thank you!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to DF, the best "Accidental" find you will ever make, as far as ringtones go download "ringdroid" from the market, it let's you make your own ringtones out of your music collection

OP
I

Inspeqtor

Reaction score
Thank you. I found and downloaded ringdroid with no problems. I don't have any music collection on my phone yet as I do not have a data cable. Where is the best/cheapest place to get a data cable?

Also I think I would prefer a ringtone that sounds more like a ringing bell, or something other than music playing. I guess I am old school there. Is there a place in the market to listen to and download a ringtone other than music ringtones?

Thank you again :)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Zedge and Mabilo, both in the Market.

Does your charging cable not double as a data cable?

OP
I

Inspeqtor

Reaction score
Zedge and Mabilo, both in the Market.

Thank you

Does your charging cable not double as a data cable?

I have 2 charging cables, one for home and one for work. The one I have at home does not. I will have to check the cable I have at work. Now that you mention it, I believe I do remember one of them (must be the one at work) having a USB port on the other end! If that is the case I will have to switch them out :)