New Here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by Mossy517, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Mossy517

Mossy517 New Member

Been with VZW for numerous years. Its time to update on July2nd and we are looking to get into the android market. Possibly getting the Droid.

Let me know what everyone thinks our best bet is to get into smartphone market
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

:welcome: to the Droid Forums.

I don't know when it's coming out exactly but the Droid X looks like an excellent Droid. I has a 4.5 inch screen (some say too big) bigger processor then the Droid. However it has not been rooted as the Droid has been so you can't rujn custom ROMs and it probably will come out with a 2.1 OS. Right now on the Droid a 2.2 OS has leaked and many of us are running that on our Droids.

The Droid Incredible is an option, possibly. Word is however that it's going to be closed out. There is about a month wait time for shipment on them. Guess they had no idea they'd be this popular.

In addition is the rumor of the Droid 2 coming out. Larger processor then the Droid, same size screen and a niftier keyboard. Don't have an exact dat for that, Droid X will probably be out before that.

Anyway you've got some Droids to decide on by the time you get your phone. Read through the forums here and see what's right for you.
  3. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Awww boy you got some homework to do! I have the Motorola Droid and don't plan on upgrading soon (mostly because I need a tangible qwerty keyboard and I have no money haha) however, there are lots of great new phones coming out for android soon. Look around. I do have to say tho, you'll be happy to be on Android...
  4. Mossy517

Mossy517 New Member

Thanks guys, We (wife and I) currently have LG dares so youcan see where we are coming from. We will not be using these phone like some or most of you are. We want to be able to use the internet access e-mails and use the availble apps. Along with texting and of course the actual talking thats about the extent of our usage.

We need to do something as soon as our date gets here cause the dares are giving out on us rapidly.

Any querks with the droid you guys thinkk we might not be happy with? Also does the droid have the Weather "banner" on the home screen? My wife likes that on the phones as do I.
  5. hookbill

I use an app called "beautiful widgets" which displays my weather, time, date, etc. I think it's well worth the 3 bucks I paid for it.
  6. Mossy517

Mossy517 New Member

Thanks,
    Will the weather "follow you"? Meaning will it change as I travel of will I have to manually change my location?
  7. hookbill

Yes indeed it will. :)