Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Well, how the heck can I put images into your folder??? That's really strange. But I only see "loading" on those images.
Not you. Haha! That question was for the Dev. All of them say loading, but that arrow is in different places on each.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
toolheadgames

toolheadgames

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
optimus elite
Just tried the game. Three things...

First, if there's one thing I can't stand it's being blasted at full volume by the music from a video game unexpectedly when it starts. I had to scramble in a panic to then turn down the volume and it took several seconds before the volume control would even respond. All that time I was being blasted by the music. Perhaps a splash screen to "adjust your volume", before the music starts? Idk, something.

Second, after you hit "Play Game" it starts by showing ads for other games that can be downloaded but the screen size is incorrect and so the "X" to exit wasn't readily obvious at first. I began flipping by the ads and couldn't figure out how to get past it then noticed the half circle at the top right and figured it out. See screen shot below.

56cb52c9c2a74183181f156bfb6355ed.jpg

Third, in the middle of the game I got a phone call. After the call my screen went black but the music continued. I couldn't regain control of the game or even the phone at first. I tried hitting the back button but nothing happened. Eventually I was able to get to the home screen but even going to the home screen and back to it from the list of running apps kept taking me to the intro have title screen for about a half second and then right to a black screen while the music continued. The game was also still running in the background as I heard my player get killed. The back button did nothing. After maybe 6 attempts I was taken to the start screen where you hit "Play Game", probably because I got killed.

Hope these tips help.

P.S. I was bummed because I was on a roll and racking up points... Could have beat ollie's 72 with ease! :( Lol :p

Thank you very much for the feedback.
The music is from a friend who creates EDM.
He maximizes the hell out of the volume because it's intended for club/dancefloor.
The volume you were supposed to be hearing was 30% of the original volume.
Did you maybe have your volume maxed when you started the game?
Wondering if you could go back into the game and go to options to verify the volume level is around 30%.
I don't want to put it any lower so the only compromise I can think of is to fade the volume in so players know it's going to get loud.
The ads size format was something I thought was restricted to my Nexus 7 tablet as it doesn't show up like that on any other devices. Seeing as how there were subsequent responses from someone stating they showed correctly I'm not entirely sure how to address it but will speak to my lead programmer about it.
The third thing you mentioned I was completely unaware of so I will have to look into that.
Thanks for bringing it to my attention!
In regards to another post asking about images being downloaded into a mobvista folder. I would imagine those are temp files. Mobvista is one of the ad networks we use on this game. If it causes any problems definitely let me know.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Because he produces EDM for the dancefloor he maximizes the hell out of the volume.
The volume you were supposed to be hearing it at was at 30% of the original volume.
Wondering if you could go back into the game and go to options to verify the volume level is around 30%.
I don't want to put it any lower so the only compromise I can think of is to fade the volume in so players know it's going to get loud.
The ads size format was something I thought was restricted to my Nexus 7 tablet as it doesn't show up like that on any other devices. Seeing as how there were subsequent responses from someone stating they showed correctly I'm not entirely sure how to address it but will speak to my lead programmer about it.
The third thing you mentioned I was completely unaware of so I will have to look into that.
In regards to another post asking about images being downloaded into a mobvista folder. I would imagine those are temp files. Mobvista is one of the ad networks we use on this game. If it causes any problems definitely let me know.
Doesn't cause "problems" necessarily, but I find it a bit annoying to go into my gallery & see pictures that don't belong there. All they, or you, or whoever had to do was put a file in that folder named .nomedia & it wouldn't happen.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
toolheadgames

toolheadgames

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
optimus elite
Thanks for the response. I will definitely look into it for our next update. Appreciate all the feedback guys.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
He maximizes the hell out of the volume because it's intended for club/dancefloor.
Here's the volume set default. Still, with the phone's volume turned up that's still very loud and quite shocking. Perhaps in that initial splash screen the volume starts very low and a suggestion to check your phone volume and adjust would be appropriate. Thing is, this music starts out of the gate...first note at MAXX volume, scratchily distributed sound. It's enough to scare you out of your boots.

ae3ccc47218df40bafa8a5767bf73ecf.jpg

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Here's the volume set default. Still, with the phone's volume turned up that's still very loud and quite shocking. Perhaps in that initial splash screen the volume starts very low and a suggestion to check your phone volume and adjust would be appropriate. Thing is, this music starts out of the gate...first note at MAXX volume, scratchily, raspy distorted sound. It's enough to scare you out of your boots.

29e827f07e4dabe98eecf210beb30712.jpg

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
New high score!
144ad52513b142f48b9c25d093efbb5e.jpg

Last edited:
OP
toolheadgames

toolheadgames

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
optimus elite
Here's the volume set default. Still, with the phone's volume turned up that's still very loud and quite shocking. Perhaps in that initial splash screen the volume starts very low and a suggestion to check your phone volume and adjust would be appropriate. Thing is, this music starts out of the gate...first note at MAXX volume, scratchily, raspy distorted sound. It's enough to scare you out of your boots.

29e827f07e4dabe98eecf210beb30712.jpg

Ok Got it! Thanks for bringing that to my attention. It never even occurred to me.
I went ahead and updated the music so it fades in and is not so abrupt in the beginning.
I will have that and any other fixes people mention in the next update.

Calilove1121

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Lgms330. LG K7
Hello I'm curious what game this is?? I found a folder named mobvista700 in my phone and it's a new phone and the only games I have on it are Clash of Kings and Clash of Queens I have been playing them for a long time and have never had this folder come up. If you could tell me that would be great thank you and I appreciate your time and consideration.

Hey guys!
My name is Jonathan Glass and I just wanted to introduce myself.
I run Toolhead Games and am excited for our first Android game release in the play store!
As a new developer I've been finding it very difficult to get noticed in the play store.
Even posting an introduction on here that included a link to my site ended up getting deleted.
So what are some sites or resources you guys use to find new games?
There has to be a better way.