New here

nocoolname

Reaction score
I like long walks on the beach, drinking margaritas in the moonlight, and drunken roman candle wiffleball. Wait this isn't eharmony is it?

I just upgraded my phone contract and will be receiving my Motorola Droid Monday. As this is my first smartphone, I have quite the learning curve ahead of me. This site does seem like it has a lot of helpful info though, so I should be able to figure out a lot without asking the typical newb questions. My only fear with this phone is that I'm not easy on my hardware as I lead a pretty active life, but with a good case I think it'll survive. Anyway, glad to be here.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Droid Forum. You won't be at a disadvantage if this is your first smart phone. This phone doesn't work anything like Blackberry or other smart phones so we all came here pretty much not knowing anything.

If you do need some help don't be afraid to ask for assistance. The Droid doesn't come with very good instructions, so most of what you learn will be either here or on your own.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome :)

This phone can take a lot from my experience with it....and I haven't used a case for a couple months now, so I think you'll be okay

OP
nocoolname

nocoolname

Reaction score
Hook - That makes me feel a little better, I picked this phone over the Storm II as it seems like the droid has more possibilities. I'm sure I'll have questions after playing with the phone for a bit. I've already found the answers to some questions I had about the phone. The instructions thing isn't new to me, I tinker with my car a lot as a hobby so I'm used to it.

Nate - That's good to hear, my biggest peeve is scratching the thing, but as I've read here, the touchscreen is very tough, although it seems like the back can get some scratches over time.

Last edited: