1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

New here

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by miatapaul, Jan 26, 2011.

1. miatapaul

miatapaul New Member

OK new to these forums. I have a Motorola Droid (the original) and have rooted and am using CyanogenMod and am having some issues with the phone. They actually started before I rooted it. It is laggy, when hitting the power button, some times it does not seem to work at all, then other times you will be playing a game and all of a sudden the shutdown menu will pop up. I had a friend give me another original droid when he got one from work. So here is my plan. I am going to root the new one (it was only used for a few weeks) as it is mint, and have it switched over to my phone number. My son has been waiting for the Samsung Galaxy player so I figure I will give him my old phone and let him use it as a media player/game machine. Is this possible? What will need to be done before I have the phone disconnected. He will want to be able to access the marketplace via wifi and download games. I am figuring the dpad will make a good platform for game emulators. So what do you think? He is good at setting up emulators as he hacked his Nintendo DS at age 12.(three years ago) What will work what won't? He will be hooking it up to his own google account at this point.