New here, question about number of rings before pickup

debgram

Reaction score
I guess people who call me ask why I take so long to answer and I tell them I just heard the ring, and they said for them it rand like 3-4 times before I answer. Is there a setting I need to set? It doesn't matter if it's another cell phone or a landline, their telling me it rings for them 3-4 times before I pick up.

Concistency

Reaction score
I don't believe there is a "setting" to fix this, just depending on connections is what it sounds like. Try between your cell phone and your landline and see what happens? I might even give it a try to see if it happens for me too.

OP
debgram

debgram

Reaction score
We don't have our landline anymore, we just use our cell phones to save money.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I guess people who call me ask why I take so long to answer and I tell them I just heard the ring, and they said for them it rand like 3-4 times before I answer. Is there a setting I need to set? It doesn't matter if it's another cell phone or a landline, their telling me it rings for them 3-4 times before I pick up.

This has to do with "call ring delay." It is part of the the build.prop file, which is only editable if you root your phone.

It tells how many rings (or time) before announcing the connection to your phone. Plus if you are in a poor signal area it could be even longer.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
debgram

debgram

Reaction score
This has to do with "call ring delay." It is part of the the build.prop file, which is only editable if you root your phone.

It tells how many rings (or time) before announcing the connection to your phone. Plus if you are in a poor signal area it could be even longer.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Oh crap I had a feeling someone was going to say that. When I had my Chocoliate touch I never had a problem, just with this bionic.