New here, please welcome me...

Al Neri

Reaction score
Just got a Droid and so far I enjoy it. I am concerned that once the novelty wears off this will just be an expensive phone that costs a bunch extra.

Any advice on apps that are must have. So far I have just added a bunch of movie quote clips which are funny but not really necessary.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Welcome Al....

As Martin said at the end of the day it's still a smartphone. A very good one at that : )

Must have apps? Screebl. Allows screen to stay on while reading blogs/websites/news etc etc without constantly having to touch the screen. found in the Marketplace.

Enjoy the forums. Great to have you here.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi Al....I've been intrigued by my Moto Droid since November and every day I find something new, whether it's an application or something I read on here. Like yesterday, I found out you can do a voice search for math problems....sort of cool I thought, and it worked well.

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
I used the hell out of the voice search over the weekend. I am thoroughly impressed. This phone is not a "novelty" it does everything and it does it well

OP
Al Neri

Al Neri

Reaction score
I had never used a smart phone before. Prior to this I had a Samsung Glide-the biggest POS ever created. It had a touch screen that would freak out after it got a little warm and refused to work. I exchanged it 2x and swore I would never get another touch screen again. Glad I changed my mind about that. I actually prefer the virtual keyboard to the physical one. I make fewer mistakes on it.

Thanks for all the advice I am checking the other apps as suggested.