1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

New Here - Getting a new Droid this week

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by jbent, Feb 21, 2010.

1. jbent

jbent New Member

Hi, I figured this would be a great place to start. I am absolutely DONE with my Blackberry Storm, hate that phone! Problems ever since I got it April 09.

VzW said I can do an early upgrade this week. So I'm debating on whether to get a Motorola Droid or the HTC Eris.

I love the look and feel of the Eris, but I'm hearing/reading that the Motorola is better. I'm afraid that I won't like the size.

Any thoughts? I'm not really a techy person. I'll mostly use it for email, text, facebook, calendar, and easy internet (Blackberry internet even on the storm is not user friendly)

Thanks!!!!!!
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

:welcome: to the forum. I can't speak about the Eris but I do a great deal of internet on my Droid and I'm an ex Storm person. Had that and the Storm 2. The Droid blows the doors off the Storm as far as web browsing goes.

I say try the Droid. You've got 30 days, if you're not happy with it then get an Eris. :)