New here, furture owner just looking for opinions

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by ninjabox, Jul 11, 2010.

1. ninjabox

ninjabox Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone, I've been reading the forums a lot lately trying to learn. Right now I own a blackberry, but as of july 6 im ready for my upgrade. I want to get an android device. But now which one do I want???? lol With all the support of the first droid, is that the one I want to go with because I will probally mod??? Will any device get as much support as that??? Or do I get the DX???? Do I wait for a 2ghz prossecor??? just looking for a lil feedback guys, thanks

2. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    :welcome: to the forum! Tough call since 2 of them aren't out yet lol. As for me, I think I'll be sticking with my moto droid for awhile. :D

3. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you really want a keyboard? If not, try to get a incredible, even though they are on back order. It is starting to get some deving going. You could also wait for the droid 2 which will have a little better of a keyboard. Or, if you want extra screen real estate, then the X is for you. Though the x has a locked bootloader and the 2 might, so the deving on those could be minimal till they are unlocked. The droid 1 isn't a bad phone if you want to do a LOT of modding.

Unless you have a lot of patience and can wait all the way till the end of the year, those are you options.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

4. sanitroc

sanitroc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think the Droid 1 should be the safest because of all the backing it has. And now no two motodroids are the same; you will have phone that is more of an extension of yourself. Like my keyboard for example.

5. sanitroc

sanitroc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Dam the thumbnail is blocking the batman symbol. =(