New here and really on the fence

gatecitycanes

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was looking around for a forum to read about Droid and came across this site. I have about three weeks before my NE2 kicks in and I'm really on the fence about whether to get a new BB (I've had a Curve 8330 for two years) or to get the Droid.

I use my phone for personal use and the Droids I've played with in stores looks like a really awesome multimedia phone. Nice looking screen, crisp looking video. Lots of apps.

But I also like the push email from BB and I am having trouble finding a clear answer if I can set this up on Droid. I use yahoo mail and I don't want to pay extra or do some kind of forwarding through Gmail to get push to work. I also like the speed of which I can type on the BB and I've heard nothing but bad things about the Droid keyboard and as an IPod Touch owner I can say that I've never gotten used to typing on a virtual keyboard.

The Droid looks really awesome and it really is a coin flip. I am looking forward to poking around here and looking for info from people who own the device and their "on the ground" experiences.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome and as far as the keyboard....you've been playing with them in stores so you should be able to see how that works for you. I do use gmail and it synchs nicely. I'm sure someone else will be able to comment on yahoo. Good luck. Its always fun times when the time to renew comes around!

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Droid all the way.

I was on the fence majorly before I got my Droid. It was between a Storm2 and the Droid. And my am I thankful almost everyday I chose the Droid!! It's hands down the best tech device I've ever owned. So many possibilities with the Droid.

And yes the Droid comes with 2 default stock email applications. Gmail, and Email. Email you can set up for other accounts besides Gmail :)

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome, gatecitycanes! I vote for the Droid, but obviously bias is involved in that statement. I had a BB and it was OK, but the Droid can do anything. The 2.1 update (a sore subject around here) is supposed to fix the Yahoo email issues folks have been experiencing. Anyway, I hope you enjoy your time here!

Forget the top 5, list ALL of your apps :welcome:

OP
gatecitycanes

gatecitycanes

Reaction score
Well, I've been poking around here for a few days, watched some youtube videos and I've been to the store a few times to play with the model, and it really looks like Droid is the phone for me.

It looks like the keyboard won't take as much getting used to as I thought and, yeah, the yahoo mail thing still seems like a drag but I just can't get past the awesome screen and myriad of multimedia capabilities of this phone. I tried playing with a Tour after messing around with the Droid and it felt like I was messing with one of those phones filled with candy that you see at the cash register of the grocery store.

I still have to wait until April 15th, but I'm pretty excited about owning the Droid. Part of me is gonna miss my old BB Curve 8330. It has served me well but now its on to bigger and better things.