New here and need some help, pretty please

IndyViva

Reaction score
I've lurked here off and on for answers over the last several years, starting when I got my first, Original Droid. I've had a 1, 2, 3, and now have the 4.

I've used FoxFi for quite some time, but as I'm sure you're all aware, that isn't working any more. (I am NOT happy with Jelly Bean!)

So I set on the path to rooting, and sucessfully rooted the Jelly Bean bastard. (LOL took me forever, but I did it.)

I still have had no luck getting a WiFi program to work!

I've tried WiFi Tether, Wireless Tether, Open Garden, and Barnacle. None of them will show up on any of my devices. (Android tablets, laptop, and Nintendo DS-- all of which worked prior on the FoxFi) Some of them give random error messages.

I'm in a panic and on a time constraint. I leave for a Spring Break 12 HOUR road trip in a few days with my two kids who are 6 and 10. I was counting on NetFlix on the tablet to keep them entertained and keep me sane.

What are my options? can anyone help me? Please?

skennelly

Reaction score
I'm probably not going to be much help. However, when I've had trouble getting wifi tether to work was when I used a secure connection. When I turned off the security and used an open connection, it worked fine. But, I have a Samsung and apparently it's much easier to get it working on it than motorola.

OP
I

IndyViva

Reaction score
thanks for the input. i tried it both secure and insecure. i even tried to switch around some of the settings like channels and things. no dice.