New here and man, I need help.

OP
KremdelMadison
Reaction score
I've done some searching and haven't found much. I still have more searching to do. I don't get if the rooting would help the problem though as I'm reading it's a hardware issue, not software. Unless there is a way to tell the hardware what to look for. Ah, I'm sure you can tell I don't know what I'm talking about anymore. lol

OP
KremdelMadison
Reaction score
I've got GREAT news.

2010-12-25_21-00-38_833_Patterson.jpg

Get a good look at that screen. I need no help here anymore haha.

OP
KremdelMadison
Reaction score
Dude, creepy, how did you know it got ran over? lol and I have no insurance.. I kept a Palm Treo in mint condition for 2 years, which I am using now, but I couldn't keep a phone that I clean every 5 seconds for a month. Horrible. Then the phone still worked but I went to root it so I can use it as a "practice phone" and I lost signal because I can not find the right sbf file. I am getting them from and-developers too. Can't find one that works. I'm losing the battles and the war lol.

OP
KremdelMadison
Reaction score
Yeap, my friends and I were at a gas station and we were skating outside waiting for our friend to get out. I go to put my phone in his car and locked so, of course, I set it on top the car. We drive away and like 10 minutes later I'm like "****!" We had back to the gas station and couldn't find it thinking it got stolen. We then retrace our steps and find it shining in the middle of the highway. When I picked it up it was starting up saying "android" lol. Could have been ran over multiple times. Everything worked on the phone though. A car crash can't mess it up but I can! lol

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Yeah, family-friendly forum finds foulness oFfensive. ;)

I saw one of these phones got put in the micowave -- killed the screen but it still booted up and rang when someone called it. There's a reason we call these "unbrickable" and refer to it as a tank. :)

I knew it had been run over because the screen is made out of Gorilla Glass. That stuff doesn't break easy.

OP
KremdelMadison
Reaction score
I never heard of Gorilla Glass, that's pretty cool. The more you know I guess lol. I was pretty suprised to not find anything damaged though (besides the screen). All I can say is I learned my lesson..a very expensive lesson. I still plan on getting another except going for the Telus next time. Oh yeah, Merry Christmas everyone! haha.