New hacker, need help squeezing some more life out of OG droid.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by dannyshannie, Dec 13, 2011.

1. dannyshannie

dannyshannie New Member

I was planning buying a new phone but don't really have the money so I decided to try to root my phone and install a ROM to make my droid feel a little fresher and hold me over til I can get a new LTE phone. So I have my phone rooted, I have superuser permissions, and I have downloaded ROM manager free edition from the market. I tried following the guides online to use ROM manager, but when I go to flash the ROM (I have tried flashing cyanogen mod 7.1 and the newest Liquid Gingerbread), and after my phone shuts off, The M logo comes up and then it shows an exclamation point with a triangle around it and a phone laying beside it.
    I must be doing something wrong, if anyone has some time and patience could you walk me through step by step (treat me like a complete idiot).

Thanks.
  2. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Well-Known Member

You have to flash a custom recovery before you can install ROMs. Just open ROM manager and click "flash clockwork mod recovery". After it successfully flashes, then you can install a ROM.

Sent from my CushZero using Tapatalk
  3. Abs

Abs New Member

It sounds to me like you might not have flashed clockwork. If you go into ROM manager the top option should be flash clockwork recovery. Once you do this it should flash Cyanogenmod correctly.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  4. Abs

Abs New Member

You beat me to it C:

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  5. dannyshannie

dannyshannie New Member

Thanks, I did install clockwork, but I found a couple threads that sometimes it doesn't install correctly the first time and you have to reinstall, gonna try it now.