new guy

Zacharylicht

Reaction score
hey im new, i have a droid incredible. (just recently rooted :) ) i had a question, i just put the cyanogenmod 7.1 rom on my phone and im having a problem syncing my contacts, and it is strange because there is no market place app in the app drawer or on the home screen. and im just not quite sure how to proceed. please help :) thanks

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome, enjoy your stay:)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DF!!

The reason you don't have your contacts or market place is when you flash any CM rom you also need to flash a gapps (Google apps) file. Once you do that you should have everything you need.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
Z

Zacharylicht

Reaction score
Code:
thanks again guys for being so helpful. Could you maybe point me in the direction of a how to flash gapps? I've been using rommanager. But since I put cm7.1 on my phone rommanager has stopped working and I don't have a market place to reinstall

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
What do you mean ROM Manager wont work? Or do you mean you do not have it?

OP
Z

Zacharylicht

Reaction score
It says I need to have the newest version and then forcecloses and I don't have a market to upgrade it. I definitely have it. I had just bought the premium rom manager yesterday. But its saying that that isn't even there anymore.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Ok I got you. Well then you will have to install it from recovery and not using ROM Manager.

If you still needs GAPPS then download them here: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip

Hold down your power button until the menu pops up, select reboot and then reboot recovery. This should get you into CWM. When in here navigate install zip from SD, choose zip from SD, then navigate to where the file downloads and select to install it. Once it is done reboot the system and you should have the market to do what you need to.

Last edited:
OP
Z

Zacharylicht

Reaction score
Dude you are my hero. Worked like a charm. Thank you so much. It's nice to have my market and contacts back. :D

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Glad I could help you! And yes they are very good to have :smile-b:

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Glad someone was already able to help you. This place is good for that. :)

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. So nice to see somebody get help with a problem! dancedroid