New Guy

GaryJani

Reaction score
Hi everyone - I'm Gary. I was referred to this site because I recently purchased a Motorola Droid X and was told that this is the place to be to learn how to use it to it's full capacity. I purchased my phone from an accountant that had it for 2 months and then purchased an iphone. However, in that time he installed "Liberty 1.0" that the Verizon tech didn't know what to do with. For now I'm leaving in on on the advice of the guy I bought it from - he said he'd uninstall anytime I wished. Any thoughts on that?

OP
G

GaryJani

Reaction score
So you'd keep Liberty installed? Would I be wise to update to 1.5? I have no clue how to do that. I love the Droid X but still learning how to operate it. What does Liberty do for android? Are there any negatives? Thanks so much for replying so fast.

huskur

Reaction score
Though i loved custom roms on my D1, i don't on the Droid X. I am kinda diggin' the Motoblur which you do not have on Liberty. But, to each their own.

I did root for tethering purposes and i do have bootstrapper from the market in case i do want to run a custom rom in the future.

Good luck and enjoy your Droid X!!!