New guy with problems

HOTSAUCE105

Reaction score
Hi yall, I have a droidx with the Motorola docking station. Ive tried tons of suggestions from the delete current widget and re install, to changing hdmi output from automatic to different resolution(tried them all). I keep seeing comments about the weather widget, I dont care about the weather, I reinstalled it but does nothing for video. It seems no matter what I do my tv does not detect any incomming signal from that HDMI cable. Cant get pics, video or anything to work on TV. Is there an actual video widget that is supposed to be present in the widget list? Closest thing I have is a you tube widget. Please help.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
hi...my understanding is that via phone it doesn't work. however I did read someones working on it. do u have a Xoom? it works with hdmi
in fact go to the XDA developers forum to view issues.

or search this topic HDMI.

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

Last edited:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Sorry you are having issues. I've not had any experience with the HDMI and TV connection so the best I can offer is to check out the X technical section our sister forum at Droid X Forum.

I'll move this thread to the X section to see if someone may be able to provide guidance.

Mike

OP
H

HOTSAUCE105

Reaction score
Its a Droid X. So if you cant play the video from phone to TV what good is the stupid thing? Why does verizon even sell it? Just to prop it upright? Useless.

rustymcbain

Reaction score
Are you playing it through the gallery app. Has a little button in the corner to switch to hdmi out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ekf028

Reaction score
Yeah, all you can do is view pics and videos from the gallery. For everything else, root and get REALHDMI from the market.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
H

HOTSAUCE105

Reaction score
That worked thanks. Video quality suks tho. I have a HD 52" flat screen looks grainy. Thought it was supposed to be HD video? Am I doin something wrong.

Reaction score
is it an HD video? I'm not trying to imply anything, but what is the resolution of the video?

OP
H

HOTSAUCE105

Reaction score
720p HD setting. My camcorder always set on this.8mp large also setting.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Bear in mind, the lens on the DX is not as large as the lens on a stand alone HD video camera...so 720p hd the phone shoots is not going to look as good as 720p video shot by a dedicated video camera. Also, native resolution on the phone is miles away from what you can display on a 52" screen...it will not look as good no matter what.

As far as pix goes, those too will see a noticeable decline in crispness compared to a standalone camera for the same reasons...but, to make them look better, make sure you have all the options set according to what/where you are shooting pix. For instance, if you are just snapping pics outside, the Auto setting may be best, or the Outdoor setting, it can all depend on the amount of available light for the sensors to pick up and filter. If you are shooting close-ups, then Macro may be the setting you want, but make sure to readjust if you decide to do a portrait since Macro will make a portrait almost unrecognizable...

OP
H

HOTSAUCE105

Reaction score
Is the touch screen on the Droid X glass?