New guy intro

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by Tunit, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Tunit

Tunit New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    I have been using a blackberry curve for almost a year and am looking at getting a Droid. I haven't had much time to play with one yet.
    Also, does anyone know where I can get a Google Voice invite? I've sent a request to Google but have not heard anything for quite some time.
    Those that have a Google Voice account...how do you like it?
    Thanks in advance.

2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7
    :welcome: to the Droid Forums. Be prepared for a huge learning curve from your Curve.:)

Google Voice is pretty good, I use it for texting. I don't use it for anything else. Google Voice invites are indeed hard to come by. You can purchase one if you like on ebay.

3. Tunit

Tunit New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the reply, hookbill.
    I never thought to look on ebay...man, what can't you get on Ebay these days? LOL
    I'm excited to switch to the droid. Can't wait for the contract to end so I can get out of the BB. Every time I go to the Verizon store to play with this phone, the line is about 5 deep, so I havn't had too much hands-on time yet. One question I have is about the physical keyboard. I see the keys are much more flush compared to the BB Curve...do you make many errors when using this?