New Guy In Town...

SaintsWinAgain

Reaction score
whats up guys i'm new to the site looking for some cool things to do or put on my phone, any suggestions about the only app to customize that i have is beautiful widgets, anything else i should check out off the bat??

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you want to keep a stock phone but want to play around you can try changing your icons with bettercut. There are lots of wallpapers here in the gallery or you can find them on the web too. There also are various alternative homescreen launchers. Launcher pro, helix, sweeterhome, etc. The last one can let you change alot of things with how the phone looks. Google it for some premade skins out there.

Welcome aboard!

OP
S

SaintsWinAgain

Reaction score
thanks alot man, i'd like to change some of the stuff around, i'm trying to search the forums now on how to install themes and stuff like that, don't wanna post the same question a 1000 other people have asked lol.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
thanks alot man, i'd like to change some of the stuff around, i'm trying to search the forums now on how to install themes and stuff like that, don't wanna post the same question a 1000 other people have asked lol.

To use tools like Metamorph (mm) or change some things like with the notification bar's PullDown Editor tool you need to root the phone. My signature has links for the original Droid to be rooted. There are threads elsewhere for rooting the Droid X too. The news section just had a post on a one touch app in the market to help you get rooted too. For stock phones the icons, wallpaper, desktop tools (which can give you more than the 3 stock desktops you have) are all good options to play with. Poke around and if you still have questions - fire away.