New guy here with issues :)

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Scott Turner, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Scott Turner

Scott Turner New Member

Hello, new to the forum and new to the droid.

I love th phone, did the whole root thing with smupdater. I can not seem to find my 'email' icon like I ad before so now I have to get my emails by forwarding all 4 of my accounts through my Gmail. Tried the website to contact support, and its gone (atleast I can't find it).

I tried to update it and I get a "unable to contact downloads server http://downloads.sholes.info/smupdater.xml"

What am I doing wrong?

thank you gs so much in advance.
  2. Corinacakes

Corinacakes DF Super Moderator Theme Developer

I can't help you but someone will shortly i'm sure. :welcome: to the community scott!
  3. Scott Turner

Scott Turner New Member

Thank you :)
  4. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

I am betting that you did not uncheck the corpmail when you installed the custom rom and it was deleted.....
  5. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

When you went through your updater I believe there is an option to remove the email icon. Some people don't like getting two alerts. To get this back, flash your phone again and when you see the options come up remove the star from I believe it says "remove my email."

Personally I don't see why you don't want to just forward everything to Google, to works pretty smoothly and you can even have mail sent out with your other email address but that's up to you and that's not what you asked about. Just my 2 cents.

So if you want it back just flash the phone again and you should be able to see that option. I'm 99.9% sure it's there, I was happy to get rid of it so I can't say 100%. Either way it will give you an opportunity to investigate those menus again.

Hope this helps.
  6. nerdbox08

nerdbox08 New Member

Hello and welcome to the forums :)

Sholes.info has moved(for simplicity terms) to DroidMod - Everything Droid doesn't, DroidMod does.

They have a new updater we should be using to flash the new stuff to our phones. So you should check that out.

The problem with your email: In these custom ROMs, they usually remove or give you the option to remove the 'email' app, which is what appears to be what you're looking for. Since you used the SMupdater, you probably removed the mail app from the phone, maybe not understanding the difference between the two.

As you've done, most people forward their mail to Gmail and use the Gmail app.

When you get the new updater, you might have the option to reapply the email application through installation, you can continue to use Gmail for all your email needs or you can use an app from the market.

I would highly suggest using K-9 mail from the Market. It's superior to any of the stock mail apps and you can add as many accounts as you to it. It's customizable and very user friendly.
  7. Scott Turner

Scott Turner New Member

wow

Thanks guys!