New guy here with app questions

Gage2502

Reaction score
Hello everyone this is my first post and just received my new Droid phone. I really like it but don't know how to get weather on it, weather bug, accuweather ect something to show live weather all the time. Is this something I have to pay for monthly? Or is it a one time fee? Also how would I download it to my Droid?
Thanks for all the help.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go to the Market. Enter a credit card if you want to purchase an app. There might be an app that requires a subscription of some kind but I'm not aware of any. Most are free. Some apps have both free and paid versions with the free versions supported by advertising.

If you can afford $11 consider getting the Droid Pocket Guide by Jason O'Grady. It's available from Amazon. If not, download the Motorola User Manual for the phone. It's available on the web. Try google.

Stretch2m

Reaction score
The Weather Channel and WeatherBug both have free weather widgets available in the Android Market, and both are pretty good. I'm sure there are others as well.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Weather Channel and WeatherBug both have free weather widgets available in the Android Market, and both are pretty good. I'm sure there are others as well.

First :welcome: to the Droid Forum. I'd stay away from Weather Bug if I were you, I think I've seen it cause problems on just about every platform it's been on from windows, to blackberry, and now the Droid. Weather Channel is good.

There is a good radar app called "radar now" that is free in the Market.

I also strongly suggest Screebl so your screen doesn't constantly time out on you and by all means pick up Astro. You'll need to organize your files. All of the apps I mention are free.

I invite you to check out our FAQ's section and also please read the stickies on the top of each sub forum you visit. Lots of helpful information there.

dbronstein

Reaction score
I disagree about Weather Bug - I've been using it for months with no problems. I think it's much better than the weather channel app.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I disagree about Weather Bug - I've been using it for months with no problems. I think it's much better than the weather channel app.

I prefer it as well. As I recall, (and this may or may not be accurate), there was a period several years ago when the Weather bug app on the web was either the source of or a gateway to (through its ads) to sites that were virus laden. As I recall, the problem involved free downloads of "smilies." (Never do that.)

In any event as far as I know that problem is long past but Weather Bug's reputation was more or less permanently damaged.

rec08

Reaction score
Get Weatherbug elite, its 1.99 one time fee, and has eeeevvverything!

amjacobs1

Reaction score
I also have Weatherbug Elite, the Weather Channel, and Radar Now and they are all good. I tried Accuweather's app, but I didn't care for it. They need to beef that one up.

OP
G

Gage2502

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the help, going to figure out which one im going to use. What would happen if I used 2 weather apps on my phone?
Kinda pissed I just messed up a new Zagg Invisible Shield that I just bought 30min ago. I mess up on installing it. Might buy something different than Zagg.
~Gage~