New GoPro Video Editing App Coming Later This Summer

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
gopro-clouds1.jpg

GoPro has really cornered the market on affordable high quality highly portable video cameras. These cameras are easy to use just point and shoot for nearly perfect 1080p and even 4k video. These cameras are so light and compact you can take them just about anywhere which makes them the perfect action camera for activities like surfing, biking, or even riding a roller coaster. They only thing that kind of stinks about recording your video with one of these cameras is that you have to wait until you get home to transfer your videos to your PC for editing before finally being able to share them.

GoPro is looking to change that with a new video editing app coming later this summer. The app will allow you to trim your videos and also share them from your smartphone while you are still on location! This should be available to consumers within the coming weeks as summer is nearly over!

via TechCrunch

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!!!

I am about to buy a GoPro Hero 4 and this news pushed me over the edge on it. Thanks for this this news.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Anybody have a source for good tips & tricks? I bought a Hero 4 Silver yesterday & did some shooting. Handheld & walking.

I held it in a manner that would be been pretty smooth with my phone as I walked, but it's shaky like crazy. I don't really want to invest in a stabilizer & don't want to have to bring that around too.

I was looking at point & shoots with OIS, but foolishly listened to the guy at Best Buy & went with the gopro instead. I'm thinking I may have to put it & the accessories I bought on eBay & get the camera I originally wanted, but want to make sure I'm giving it a fair shot.

Cheap or free software that might help lessen the shake after the fact?

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I just bought a knock off Go Pro today. I see everyone that has them says you must have software to edit and stabilize the image. I have heard good things about this and will most likely try it.

Video Stabilizer Software to fix Shaky Videos
Wow! If it really works as good as that sample video, that might do the trick. Still not sure if I'm going to keep it though.

My 6P does way better in low light & has served the purpose of my latest YT videos quite well.

(fair warning, ad supported video. Let me know if they're ridiculous if you watch it. Wasn't sure which settings to use, but I figured I'd try out this ad thing. Haven't earned a penny yet. Haha!)

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
To keep more on topic, I used the gopro app to download the gopro video to my phone to create that comparison video.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
We should create a thread for action cameras as I will have mine this weekend. I plan on 2 birding it and doing a review of the GeekPro I bought using the Sony camera I got a couple weeks ago...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I kinda wish I would've got the Canon that I was looking at online instead of letting the guy at BB talk me into the gopro. I'm not REALLY trying to do action videos, but I liked how compact and simple it was.

I think the Canon would suit my overall wants/needs better.

And who says you need a gopro anyway? I shot this with my Nexus 6P.
(Also has ads)

I think I'll try that software though. I hate to invest even more if I end up getting rid of the gopro, but I assume that software can be used for videos from basically any camera.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
What canon were you looking at? I think I'm going to get rebel t5 or a Nikon D3300. The 3300 is sort of leading the way.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I was going a bit cheaper & more compact. I was looking at the PowerShot S120.

It's fairly well recommended amongst vloggers, which I'm kinda toying with the idea of doing something like that. If not an actual vlog, definitely stuff where I'm taking to the camera between shots of activities/etc. Idk yet what I'm really aiming to do, but I've always liked making little videos, trying to be entertaining, sharing my life with family & friends, etc. I've been on YouTube for years, but haven't really contributed that much to it.

I've been watching a lot of stuff on there lately & feeling the urge to try & create content. I used to do a lot more creative stuff, so I guess it's a way to get back into that in some fashion.

Also, we're expecting my first (wife's second) child this summer, so I like the idea of documenting some of that and/or creating some kind of vlog type of thing that the kids can watch when they're older & see us at this age. Or something. Haha! Like I said, I'm still feeling it out.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I was going a bit cheaper & more compact. I was looking at the PowerShot S120.

It's fairly well recommended amongst vloggers, which I'm kinda toying with the idea of doing something like that. If not an actual vlog, definitely stuff where I'm taking to the camera between shots of activities/etc. Idk yet what I'm really aiming to do, but I've always liked making little videos, trying to be entertaining, sharing my life with family & friends, etc. I've been on YouTube for years, but haven't really contributed that much to it.

I've been watching a lot of stuff on there lately & feeling the urge to try & create content. I used to do a lot more creative stuff, so I guess it's a way to get back into that in some fashion.

Also, we're expecting my first (wife's second) child this summer, so I like the idea of documenting some of that and/or creating some kind of vlog type of thing that the kids can watch when they're older & see us at this age. Or something. Haha! Like I said, I'm still feeling it out.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
Look at the Sony DSC H300. For what it is I am blown away.. I was lucky enough to get mine from Amazon for $69 new with damaged package. The zoom is incredible and in good light it takes incredible videos. With what it sounds like you are after lighting for video won't be a big issue.

I spend a TON of time in the woods and want something I can really zoom in and get some good photos of all the animals I see. The Sony is probably more camera than I really need but I always want more no matter what so once I find a good deal on the D3300 I think I will pull the trigger. Maybe we need a whole section on video and cameras....

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Look at the Sony DSC H300. For what it is I am blown away.. I was lucky enough to get mine from Amazon for $69 new with damaged package. The zoom is incredible and in good light it takes incredible videos. With what it sounds like you are after lighting for video won't be a big issue.

I spend a TON of time in the woods and want something I can really zoom in and get some good photos of all the animals I see. The Sony is probably more camera than I really need but I always want more no matter what so once I find a good deal on the D3300 I think I will pull the trigger. Maybe we need a whole section on video and cameras....
Looks like a nice camera, but I'm not sure I want one that large. That was the appeal of the Canon & the gopro.

As for lighting, I don't really know what kind of lighting I may use since I don't really know exactly where & when I might make these videos, so I'd hesitate to go with one that does good in good light, but struggles in less than ideal light.

Idk though. Definitely feel like I jumped to quick to buy a camera. I tend to do that, but it's been so long since I felt like I might've made the wrong decision.

I think I need to give the gopro a better chance, but I also feel like a point & shoot would be more versatile. Definitely like the idea of something with OIS where I don't have to run most/every video through a piece of software just to be able to watch it without getting dizzy. Haha

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Looks like a nice camera, but I'm not sure I want one that large. That was the appeal of the Canon & the gopro.

As for lighting, I don't really know what kind of lighting I may use since I don't really know exactly where & when I might make these videos, so I'd hesitate to go with one that does good in good light, but struggles in less than ideal light.

Idk though. Definitely feel like I jumped to quick to buy a camera. I tend to do that, but it's been so long since I felt like I might've made the wrong decision.

I think I need to give the gopro a better chance, but I also feel like a point & shoot would be more versatile. Definitely like the idea of something with OIS where I don't have to run most/every video through a piece of software just to be able to watch it without getting dizzy. Haha

Sent from my Nexus 6P
I guess I shouldn't have said it struggles in low light. All I know for sure is that it works great in good light. I haven't tried any low light videos yet...

I was looking at point and shoot but I really wanted more zoom capability than what they had to offer.. For my needs it works great and will probably do most anything I want of it... I have decided I am going to try and really put it to the test this weekend and then make the call if I really feel I need the Nikon or not.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
And I don't know that I need that much zoom for most of what I think I'll do with it.

Idk why I listened to that guy in BB. He couldn't really answer any question I had very well.

I do like the mounts & options for the gopro, but I feel like it's more specialized than I was thinking, even though I knew going in that it was firstly an action camera. I just think if I'm only going to have one camera at that price point, it probably shouldn't be quite so specialized in capability. And one is all I can really afford right now.

Add to that the fact that I know my phone does a pretty good job so far of what I want & I question whether I really need a dedicated camera for the types of things I assume I'll be doing...

Sent from my Nexus 6P