New Google Voice Search is Junk on 2.2

TekHawk

Reaction score
You might want to say Send Text To -short pause- name -short pause- message here

the text message part of it does not work 100% of the time mostly due to slurring your words a bit weird spelling on contact names ect but it does work just takes some gettign used to

bpol4

Reaction score
You might want to say Send Text To -short pause- name -short pause- message here

the text message part of it does not work 100% of the time mostly due to slurring your words a bit weird spelling on contact names ect but it does work just takes some gettign used to

It doesn't seem to bee a problem with the voice recognition. It works with most other commands. I just noticed something else odd. I did a manual search using the voice actions bar by tapping the google icon on the left, and selected to search only contacts. I could type in a contact and it would list my contacts, but when I selected one the contact's profile would show up and then immediately close, just showing my contact list... Not sure if that is related.

I am also reading something about ensuring contacts are synced with gmail.

bpol4

Reaction score
I was able to figure it out. my gmail account had some contacts but not all of them. I found this tip on another forum and it worked. You need to make sure your contacts are in your gmail account. I am just organizing my contacts the way I want them in gmail. So far so good. The text command is working as well.

-- In order for Voice Actions to work, you'll need to have your contacts in your google contact list. To sync up your contacts:
1. Open your contacts list.
2. Click the Menu button.
3. Tap Import/Export and 'Export to SD card' to export your phone contact list to the SD card.
4. To import the contacts back to your google account, click the Menu button and Tap Import/Export and 'Import to Email." (This may take a while.)--

I also downloaded the voice synthesis data installer which probably helps with voice recognition.

HamDog

Reaction score
I love voice search and use it all the time. Works great on my Droid. I even made a YouTube video because I love it so much:

[video=youtube;zv5Get6F2bw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv5Get6F2bw]YouTube - Voice Search in Android 2.2[/video]

bpol4

Reaction score
Simple solution for call and text, it searches gmail contacts, so each contact needs a google profile link.

Evil_B

Reaction score
Hey, mine wasn't working either. I was having the exact problem as other. I tried what bpol4 suggested and it worked. Thanks a lot