New Google Voice Search is Junk on 2.2

db306

Reaction score
I don't know if it's me but the updated Google Voice Search doesn't even remotely work like they show it in the video. It screws up every time I try to send a text, email, or dial a number. The only thing it does decent is navigate. Anyone else notice this?

Technoman

Reaction score
I don't know if it's me but the updated Google Voice Search doesn't even remotely work like they show it in the video. It screws up every time I try to send a text, email, or dial a number. The only thing it does decent is navigate. Anyone else notice this?

It works fine for me.. about 85% accuracy!!

abe7333

Reaction score

Workef for me too. Probably 90% accurate

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

23ant23

Reaction score
Your totally right,doesn't work. I say "send text to?" and when it pops up there isn't a contact selected,just the message written out. Hope they update soon with a fix. DROID X

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've only used it 6-8 times, but it is at 100% so far - texts and emails and a couple of calls where it had to look up the business and then call it.

Hate to say it, but if I were having the problems described, I would do a hard/factory reset. If the problems didn't improve, I'd take it back to Verizon. Software is covered by warranty too.

barrio12002

Reaction score
Try vlingo its way better than the stock app it's free and you can open apps, send email text play music just about everything with this app

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, puts them other phones to shame when I just hit it in the middle of a group and say "Send text to shari, see ya shortly you sexy thing" ... (my wife).

Half the group thought I was kidding until I re-demonstrate with them watching the screen.

Awesome, simply awesome ... and if you look at a few other boards that give other ideas for it's uses, it gets better and better.

:) :) :) :) :)

abe7333

Reaction score
Oh yeah, puts them other phones to shame when I just hit it in the middle of a group and say "Send text to shari, see ya shortly you sexy thing" ... (my wife).

Half the group thought I was kidding until I re-demonstrate with them watching the screen.

Awesome, simply awesome ... and if you look at a few other boards that give other ideas for it's uses, it gets better and better.

:) :) :) :) :)

Oh I love that. Especially nav to blah blah blah. People are like wth?

"I know not with what weapons War World III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with stick and stones."-Albert Einstein.

Send from Droid X

ConectUS

Reaction score
I love the voice search

The voice search works great for me on the HTCI. It really ties in all the other apps. I would say 90% accurate for me. I am looking for a good voice to text app for text messages. I am not sure if I can use this one??

bpol4

Reaction score
Your totally right,doesn't work. I say "send text to?" and when it pops up there isn't a contact selected,just the message written out. Hope they update soon with a fix. DROID X

I am having a similar problem. Voice actions works and the mic is picking up everything I say, but it seems like it isn't searching my contacts. I've read that contacts have to be in sync with gmail and selected in th the search settings. I've also downloaded the voice synthesis data installer, still nothing. The Verizon store didn't even know what it was until I showed them the youtube video about it, and they said they would look into it. Hoping for a faster response.