New google play made my market go away :(

SallyC

Reaction score
Yep. Works again. Google had to have fixed it cause there was no OTA from Verizon or Motorola.Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

So is everyone able to use the icon in the upper right of the app drawer bringing them to The Market, uh, Google Play again? I never used it before, but now that I'm aware of it I think it's kinda cool. However mine still says Application Not installed. :(

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
So is everyone able to use the icon in the upper right of the app drawer bringing them to The Market, uh, Google Play again? I never used it before, but now that I'm aware of it I think it's kinda cool. However mine still says Application Not installed. :(
Mine was saying that until I went and opened "Play Store" from the App Drawer on my Droid 3 it must have updated the shortcut because now it works as intended.

SallyC

Reaction score
Mine was saying that until I went and opened "Play Store" from the App Drawer on my Droid 3 it must have updated the shortcut because now it works as intended.

Thanks. I tried that but it's still not working.

ChuckzDroid

Reaction score
A day or two, after my OTA to 2.3.6 and the Google switch to Play, the old Market icon in my RAZR's app tray changed. It now opens Play. I was beginning to wonder.

Sent from my XT910 using DroidForums

SallyC

Reaction score
A day or two, after my OTA to 2.3.6 and the Google switch to Play, the old Market icon in my RAZR's app tray changed. It now opens Play. I was beginning to wonder.

Sent from my XT910 using DroidForums

I tried again this morning after reading your message, but still no luck. Just now I was at "the Market" looking at an app when suddenly it closed. I went back to my homepage shortcut and it said Application not installed and disappeared!

So I went to the app drawer and, just for grins, hit the icon and —voila — it works!

Crazy Google! :cool:

rustydog

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 9
I am caught in the middle no Market or Play. Does anybody know a trusted site where I can download play?? I don't do pay apps I just need Market or Play to update my apps.

SallyC

Reaction score
I am caught in the middle no Market or Play. Does anybody know a trusted site where I can download play?? I don't do pay apps I just need Market or Play to update my apps.

You're saying in your app drawer there's no Play Store? Are you rooted?

rustydog

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 9
I am not rooted. Neither Market nor Play were in the app drawer. I also looked under Settings- applications, both manage and running, no Play or market.
Jdpeters79 on the droid charge forum sent me a link to the Play app. Google Play Store update rolling out now – download it early | Android Community

I used this link to download then install the Play app. I am now working and was able to update my existing apps.