NEW GAPPS 4.2.2 For Your Rom Flashing Needs Courtesy of @DroidTh3ory!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It is always necessary to flash the GAPPS package along side your Rom install since Google Apps are not open source like Android itself. Gapps can't be distributed inside of the Rom itself they have to be added in their full form afterwards. The widely used Gapps package has not been update since 03-01-13. Part of the Google I/O keynote yesterday included all kinds of Google App updates and announcements. Google Hangouts was the biggest and most anticipated announcement of the Google apps suite.

Developer DroidTh3ory took it upon himself to update the Gapps pack. Included in his Gapps is the new Google Hangout, New Music, New Play Store, TalkBack, Gmail, New Mapps, StreetView, and GSMscore! You can grab this new Gapps pack for your Rom flashing needs at the source link below!

Via DroidHive

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Grabbed them earlier today. They work great.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyway of getting the new package without creating another account?

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't you only really need the Play Store app at this point? Everything else can be downloaded from the store?

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
DT posted them in his Axiom thread... Let me link it.

[ROM] ★ A X I 0 M ★ Aosp ★ XT 926 ★ [May 16 2013] ★

Download Axiom Full Gapps

Thank you.

Don't you only really need the Play Store app at this point? Everything else can be downloaded from the store?

I would think the same thing, but I believe that if you already have these apps installed through side loading, they don't update. Perhaps if they were not installed in the first place?

jesssiii

Reaction score
The link no longer works. Anyone have them who wants to share?

Toro GNex
Sourcery 5.3 Final