New Gameloft 3D Games!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Root and overclock your phone up to at least 800 mhz. Be the best move you can make IMHO. + you'll probably enjoy your phone even more.. some nice tweaks out there and pretty simple to root the droid as well

Rooting and overclocking the phone is not going to help, it's an issue with the data files package. The immediate force close of the app only occurs after the data files have been downloaded.

phylum sinter

Reaction score
Whats wrong with dungeon hunter? runs fine on my moto droid? OC it to at least 800mhz and it runs great, even better on 2.2.

I'll give sparta a test for ya.

Thanks for that SpykeZ - let me know how it goes. It's not unplayable overall but during higher poly scenes it drops to probably 10fps, which kinda kills the excitement.

froyo + oc'd to 800mhz on the droid (it's what I have standard) and installed the game and it runs smooth as butter. It's actually pretty damn good.....im VERY surprised how good it looks.

Alright great, thanks for the test sir.

Well since we can expect the official Rollout of Froyo for the Droid mid-july i'll just wait :]

I think i'll get Dungeon Hunter too.

biggles

Reaction score
Update regarding Dungeon Hunter:
It now works on my Motorola Droid running Android 2.1 and running at stock speed. Gameloft instructed me to uninstall the application and also to delete all the related files on the sd card. Then, I installed the game and it starts up all right. I will report back on how stable the game runs after putting in some game time. The email I received today from Gameloft tech support says that they researched and eliminated the problems causing the crashes, fyi.

Xarrdroid

Reaction score
would you please post the instructions gameloft gave you so I can try to reproduce the same results. They have not responded back to me in 2 days. I told them the files on their server were corrupted to try the darn thing themselves. Any help appreciated.

biggles

Reaction score
would you please post the instructions gameloft gave you so I can try to reproduce the same results. They have not responded back to me in 2 days. I told them the files on their server were corrupted to try the darn thing themselves. Any help appreciated.

Below I have copied Gameloft's instructions from my email:

To have the game working as it should, please follow these steps:

- Uninstall the game

- Delete the SD data saved on the card (the folders below)

o Examples:

For Hawx: SDCard\gameloft\games\Hawx

- Install the game from this link (from your email or text message)

Zandar

Reaction score
OK, Gameloft took care of the issue (finally) yesterday. They sent me a new link and had me uninstall/reinstall. I'm now happily burninating mobs and creeps with my mage!

The game runs very smoothly, and is a blast to play so far (think: dungeon crawling mode on Warcraft III, only with more quests and such thrown in). Excellent graphics, decent storyline (thus far), and my wife even likes the music :laugh: No lag whatever, but I'm rooted and OC'd to 1GHZ, so I can't speak for a stock experience.

My quibbles so far? The control scheme leaves a little to be desired and feels a bit clunky at times. Not game-breaking, but a little annoying at times. Also, spell scrolling will often leave one casting spells unintended (though this is easily rectified by changing the icons to "fixed;" and, unlike some other phones, the Droid has the res and screen real estate to make it still look great).

My review of Gameloft? Well, I can't say I'm satisfied. I purchased the game and had to wait a week and a half for delivery with no compensation. The way we do business where I work, this would merit a free second game or a refund of the original purchase price. If that were the case, I'd be on here singing Gameloft's praises. As is, they did deliver their product so I won't necessarily slam them; but neither will I heartily endorse them.

Bottom line: if you (like me) really love dungeon crawlers, it's probably worth the $4.99 to pick this title up. If you're on the fence, I'd wait until Gameloft joins the Android Market.

gertman

Reaction score
OK, OK I may be going back on my stance of NOT buying games directly from Gameloft (not in the Android Market) here is why:

One of the biggest pluses of using the Android Market is the ability to get updates. Right?

Well unfortunately with Gameloft updates seem to be BAD!!!! I am talking about Asphalt 5. The an update back in May degraded graphs so it was smoother on the precious Nexus1. AND added the ability to FORCE CLOSE on certain tracks!!!

The very last update, maybe a week or two ago made all the cars free'kin PINK!!!!! NOT COOL GAMELOFT NOT COOL!!!!:icon_evil:

Last edited: