New game - need feedback

Vlad

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm an Android developer from a country where Droid isn't sold yet :( I'll definitely get this awesome device asap, but at the moment there's no way for me to test my apps on it. So I thought it's a good idea to go to a place where lucky Droid owners are, and ask for help.

I'd appreciate if you could take a look at my game and tell me if there are any problems with it. We tested it thoroughly on G1 and Hero, but with 3D games, you never know. It may not run at all on the next device, and I'm not putting it on the Market unless I'm sure it works well on Droid.

The game is called "10 Coins", it is a 3D game, around 3MB size, and you can d/l it here:
http://androidpokertools.com/10coins/10coinsdemo.apk
I'm giving a direct link instead of using forum attachments so that you could install it easily without having to connect the phone to your computer. All you need to do is open this link in your phone's browser and then click the file in the browser's download manager to install it.

Unfortunately, there isn't much I could offer in return, except a big "Thank You" and your name in the "credits" section if you'd like :)

Looking forward to your comments! Please feel free to contact me if you have any problems downloading/installing the game, or regarding Android development in general - I'll be happy to help.

P.S. I'm not telling much about the game itself because I didn't come here to promote it, but here's a screenshot to give you an idea:

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
graphics don't work. under the "header", the screen is white

GolfProRM

Reaction score
To elaborate on what wuyanks is saying, here's a screenshot of the game. The menus and settings all appear and seem to work correctly, but the game screen is broken.

OP
V

Vlad

Reaction score
That's what I was talking about :) Thank you for your feedback guys! Updated the build, let's see if it helps.

Dr. Tenma

Reaction score
The game functions fine until I try to load Single Player or Training mode, but then it does as others have described. All the sounds and menus and everything work fantastically.

OP
V

Vlad

Reaction score
It's getting interesting :D
Would be awesome if you could download the latest build and send me the app log through the new option in the context menu (the one that pops up when you press the "menu" key on the broken game screen):
d1.jpg

It will offer to send the game's output by email. You can review the data that's being sent to make sure there's no sensitive info:
d2.jpg

The email is [email protected] as on the image above.

Thanks in advance, that will help me a great deal.

Kind of embarassing to go and ask you to do QA for me, but the device will only ship in 2 weeks if I'm lucky :(

nate94gt

Reaction score
1: while you are playing, the gold coins that show up on the left (that youve taken from the play area), are just white circles.
2: the graphics on the bottom (power button on the right and whatever the one is on the left, looks like it just goes into an overhead view of the play area) are just white squares, and the power bar is just a white bar that expands from the middle and goes outwards.
3: while in Test 1, as soon as you tap the screen to aim or shoot, a ripped piece of paper goes across the middle of the screen, then disappears. its blank.
4: the graphics in Test 2 are weird. the white bars on the bottom are now graphics, minus the power bar. It almost seems that the play area where you throw the disk is a mirrored image of the that bottom graphic (the circle in the middle and the 2 silver rectangles on the left and right)
5: Test 4 is a black screen. Thats it.
6: I got a force close when i tried to enter help from the main menu

OP
V

Vlad

Reaction score
Hi guys, thank you very much for your help! Looks like I finally found the cause, although I'm still waiting for someone to confirm that the issue is fixed.

nate94gt, thank you, this information is really helpful. Could you please reproduce the force close and send me the log as shown in post #8? Strangely nothing like that happened on our HTC phones, and I'm sure we tested it a million times :)

nate94gt

Reaction score
Hi guys, thank you very much for your help! Looks like I finally found the cause, although I'm still waiting for someone to confirm that the issue is fixed.

nate94gt, thank you, this information is really helpful. Could you please reproduce the force close and send me the log as shown in post #8? Strangely nothing like that happened on our HTC phones, and I'm sure we tested it a million times :)
ive tried to reproduce it but i havent yet. if it happens i'll be sure to send the log

grundyman

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm an Android developer from a country where Droid isn't sold yet :( I'll definitely get this awesome device asap, but at the moment there's no way for me to test my apps on it. So I thought it's a good idea to go to a place where lucky Droid owners are, and ask for help.

I'd appreciate if you could take a look at my game and tell me if there are any problems with it. We tested it thoroughly on G1 and Hero, but with 3D games, you never know. It may not run at all on the next device, and I'm not putting it on the Market unless I'm sure it works well on Droid.

The game is called "10 Coins", it is a 3D game, around 3MB size, and you can d/l it here:
http://androidpokertools.com/10coins/10coinsdemo.apk
I'm giving a direct link instead of using forum attachments so that you could install it easily without having to connect the phone to your computer. All you need to do is open this link in your phone's browser and then click the file in the browser's download manager to install it.

Unfortunately, there isn't much I could offer in return, except a big "Thank You" and your name in the "credits" section if you'd like :)

Looking forward to your comments! Please feel free to contact me if you have any problems downloading/installing the game, or regarding Android development in general - I'll be happy to help.

P.S. I'm not telling much about the game itself because I didn't come here to promote it, but here's a screenshot to give you an idea:
i cannot find this game to save my life , i clicked on your link , and check the market place for it all the time. please help me out