New Galaxy S8 Leaked Images Show Off Design

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
66e8f898jw1fbfu71svgjj20p00q243k.jpg

A new photo has leaked of the upcoming Galaxy S8 courtesy of the Chinese network Weibo. This could be the final design of the much anticipated device. Early rumors reported that we could expect a bezel-less display with a 90% screen to body ratio, but it looks like we are going to have a design more similar to what we had with the Note 8. Their are thin bezels on the top and bottom of the display and you can see that the home button is completely missing. Samsung is rumored to include a fingerprint scanner that is embedded into the display, though it may have a fingerprint scanner on the back of the device. Samsung will likely get rid of physical buttons altogether opting for onscreen navigation buttons instead.

Other less reputable rumors suggest there will be a 6" QHD version of the phone which may be the "Plus" model. We may see S-Pen functionality, and the display may be pressure sensitive. A separate report today said that the phone would be unveiled on April 18th which is a Tuesday. We expect Samsung to host their own stand alone event in New York City on or around that date.

via Weibo Naver

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
A 6 inch QHD version of this device could be my next phone. This looks really niiiiiice.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
After having a Pixel XL for a couple months now, I'm over the look of Samsung devices.
That's interesting, being that the Pixel XL (and almost every other "new" device) look exactly the same from the front.
Because of this, I don't know too many people that purchase a device by how it "looks" these days.

S7 Edge tap'n

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
That's interesting, being that the Pixel XL (and almost every other "new" device) look exactly the same from the front.
Because of this, I don't know too many people that purchase a device by how it "looks" these days.

S7 Edge tap'n

I'd never buy one based on its looks but I had an S7 Edge and hated the curved screen so much I sold it after 6 or so months and got a Pixel XL. The entire feel of the device I like. The glass on the back does look odd but it feels good, provides some grip for those of us who prefer naked devices, the fingerprint scanner is in a greally good spot. The screen is gorgeous (though I will admit that Sansung's screens are brighter and more saturated which for a phone is IMO a good thing) too. I don't like the super reflective full body glass that Samsung has gone with. Sure it feels premium being smooth and shiny but for me, its just not what I like.

I'm more of a detail oriented person so I pick up the differences in the looks of phones. I think HTC makes some great looking phones but I've had their phones in the past and they felt lacking when using the device.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No physical home button is no big deal. It took about 15 seconds to begin to prefer the capacitive buttons on screen of my G2 vs beside the home button on my Notes. It made my G2 have more usable screen than my Note2 while feeling much smaller and non phablet like size of the latter.
Possibly add an s-pen too? Just need a removable battery and I'll definitely be looking hard at this one.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Reactions: cr6
Reaction score
Front firing speakers, Samsung! And it better have an headphone jack! You're almost there!

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I found it strange that the S2 was released with a home button when the original Galaxy S didn't have one. I hated the thought of upgrading to the S3 when the time rolled around, but later learned to really enjoy the feature as it provided an alternate way of turning on my screen. Since then I rarely, if ever, use the power button to actually wake my device. Guess I'll have to get used to the thought of returning to decades old tech by the time I upgrade to the S9 or S10. :)

S7 Edge tap'n