New from Wyoming!

ShelbyWright

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm Shelby. I'm an RN & I teach medical courses at the high school level which is how I was introduced to the Droid--teens always have the latest & greatest! I've been a faithful BlackBerry user for years but I really like the Droid so far except I'm having trouble with customization, TOTALLY different obviously! Anyway, in searching for answers I found this site so I'm excited to finally get those answers!

hebertm1

Reaction score
Welcome to Droid-forums. There is a lot on this site that can help with customizations.:icon_ banana:

OP
S

ShelbyWright

Reaction score
Bluetooth

Thanks! OMG, where do I start? I can't get the Bluetooth to connect with other phones. Hell I didn't even know about that until 2 weeks ago when I visited a friend in Arkansas, nobody seems to know about it here. Anyway it says, "paired but not connected " & I can't figure out how to connect it. My husband also has the Droid (2 for 1, gotta love that!) & his says the same thing. Any ideas?

hebertm1

Reaction score
Let see, if you touch the menu button on the bottom of the phone and select settings, Then wireless & Networks, then put a check in the box net to Bluetooth. This will turn on the bluetooth radio. Then go into Bluetooth settings directly under that. There is an option there to make your phone discoverable. It will only stay discoverable for a short while. Have the divice you want to pair with search for bluetooth devices and then follow the pairing instructions for that device. Hope this helps.

OP
S

ShelbyWright

Reaction score
Sorry if this shows twice, I'm still orienting myself to the site. Anyway, thanks for your reply, we did that & it says, "paired but not connected". How do I get it to connect?

hebertm1

Reaction score
Not sure, I connected it to my car's U-Connect phone system and it works fine. I cannot seem to connect to my computer though. Must have the proper drivers from the manufacturer I suppose. Since I do not really need to connect to the computer via bluetooth I have never really looked into that.

hebertm1

Reaction score
I can't get the Bluetooth to connect with other phones.

You may need some sort of software to do the actual "connecting" Try a software called Bump in the market if you are trying to send from phone to phone.

OP
S

ShelbyWright

Reaction score
Thanks, I will check that out. I didn't mention that I can receive from those phones my Droid can't connect with & so can my husband but we just can't send anything. I don't know if that makes a difference or not but I wanted 2 mention it just in case it did.

hebertm1

Reaction score
This can get a little complicated; The sender Droid (1), The receiver Droid (2).
Make sure both phones have the Bluetooth turned on.

To share a contact with another Droid starts with Paired but not connected.
1. Make sure the receiving Droid (2) is discoverable (you get 119 seconds).
2. Open a contact on Droid (1) and then hit menu, share, then select bluetooth. Droid (1) will scan for devices. (select the Droid device from the Bluetooth Devices. This will send the file to Droid (2)
3. On Droid (2) pull down the notification panel at the top of the screen. Click on Bluetooth share: Incoming file, then select accept file, Done. Photos work the same way but select the photo in Gallery.

Note After the initial 119 seconds you will have to start over. Play with is a little while. It take some getting used to.