new forum member

bisbob

Reaction score
Just got a Samsung Mesmerize a couple days ago. Looking for noob info on using Droid.
What is rooting? Where is my SD card? Why is the user manual so bare bones useless?

b101189

Reaction score
Welcome =)!

rooting is a way to become the "super user" of your android. I suppose to put it simply it allows you essentially limitless control within the android operating system, this although will void warranty if your wireless service provider finds out though. This allows you to put ROMs on which is a way to change the look, feel and also many ways how the os runs.
The sd card many times is located next to the battery inside the phone once you take off the battery cover.
I'm not sure why the user manual is useless though = \

Last edited:

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum.

Root is essentially the Administrator equivalent on a Linux device.
Your sdcard should be some where under the back of the phone just remove the back cover, it might be under the battery. So you might have to power down your device and remove the battery.
If you have any questions as to using your phone or where certain features are just ask. You came to the right place for help.
Enjoy your stay with us.:)

FYI to any one not familiar with the Mesmerize it essentially the Samsung Fascinate on US Cellular.

Last edited:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum - anything you need just let us know