New Forum Member - Question about D3 Airplane Mode Shutoff Problem

Carol_in_FL

Reaction score
I have had my D3 about a month and flown 3 times. All 3 times I have had a problem shutting off the Airplane Mode -- the toggle in Settings doesn't work at all. Eventually I try to make a call and get a message that I can't do that in "airplane mode" do you want to shut it off? I click yes -- AND I'M FINALLY OUT! Has anyone else had this problem. I previously had the D1 for a year and a half and never had this problem. (It also seemed to trigger a "No GPS signal problem" which I resolved by taking out the battery -- see my other posts.) I'm flying again next Saturday. Anyone have any clues about this??

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. it happened once with my Global and i never used the airplane mode again. i just turn it off when on business trips.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the community. We're glad to have you. Hopefully ill be able to help you out with this problem. Have you tried to download a widget app such a "extended controls" to try to toggle airplane mode?

Sent from my Liberated D2

OP
C

Carol_in_FL

Reaction score
Welcome to the community. We're glad to have you. Hopefully ill be able to help you out with this problem. Have you tried to download a widget app such a "extended controls" to try to toggle airplane mode?

Yes, that appears to work. Thanks to you and Hawaiian Princess.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Glad we could help. Also don't be afraid to stick around and enjoy the community

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to the Forum!!

Glad to see these guys were able to help you get it all figured out. Don't be a stranger and make sure to stick around and enjoy!