New forum member here

briand515

Reaction score
I just got a DROID yesterday and I'm quite impressed with the speed and build quality of the phone. I've been mostly an iPhone user since it came out back in 2007, first the EDGE model then the 3G. It's a great device but Apple holds it back so much (no multitasking beside playing the ipod in the background, poor notification system, no customization whatsoever, etc.) and I'm getting bored of it. Before the DROID my experience with Android was a few days using a mytouch 3G which I found it cool, but the device was just too sluggish for my taste. I've also used blackberries which are great for messaging but man that browser is just horrible. Now I just got the DROID and it really is impressive, I must say this is the best built phone I've ever seen. The screen is quite incredible with great color and I can read even the smallest text on pages in landscape mode without any zooming. With the better hardware and 2.0 Android is now quite speedy and a far better experience than I had using a mytouch 3G. I'm looking forward to learning Android more and enjoying this great piece of technology.

DroidXOne

Reaction score
I have had my Droid since mid November n I rooted n run 2.1 n I can't imagine using the stock launcher or gallery n I love the live wallpapers. This is my second smart phone 1st omnia. But I love that I can download a few files and completely revamp my phone, n as long as u follow instructions its easy, I love all the work the devs do, n I'm getting more fluent in droid n android. I do need some help with terminal emulators. Ill make a thread