new folders for home screen -rename?

jenweber33

Reaction score
I made a new folder for one of my homescreens to keep my games in, to free up room on my screens but I can't figure out how to rename it ...it just says "folder" and I'd like to name it "GAMES"

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's just a guess but, did you try long pressing on the word folder? You have no idea how many times that is the answer to something on the Droid.

OP
J

jenweber33

Reaction score
Yep...tried that...just like any other app on a home screen, all that does is highlight it so you can move it around or trash it. I also tried opening it and pressing the menu button, but all that comes up is the "add", "wallpaper", "search", "notifications", and "settings" menu. It's a little baffling, since if you want to add folders --they will all just be called "Folder" !

mordantkitten

Reaction score
Good, now I know how to rename. That was going to be the first half of my question. The second half is, how do I get rid of a folder I just made? There's nothing in it yet.

mordantkitten

Reaction score
There's that "trash" people keep mensioning. Now that you've all told me about long press, I have finally, just this moment, discovered that "trash" appears at the bottom when you long press. Is there a FAQ just for "long press"? Perhaps there should be. :)